Job Summary: Reporting to the Office Manager or designated manager, operate the main telephone switchboard, answer all incoming calls and connect them to the appropriate party in accordance with corporate guidelines. Perform all duties assigned by the Office Manager. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide prompt and courteous service: both on the phone and in person.
- Demonstrate friendliness and proper phone etiquette with every customer.
- Maintain a professional appearance consistent with the Handbook.
- Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention for all contacts and transactions.
- Be thoroughly familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer service.
- Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the Office Manager of all serious complaints or incidences.
- Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
- Ensure proper follow-through on all directives, bulletins, schedules and accounting from the Office Manager or designated manager or other corporate sources. Maintain a good flow of communication with the customers and office personnel.
- Greet and assist customers and visitors to the auction.
- Prepare outgoing mail and perform various clerical duties as assigned.
- Properly direct all calls to the appropriate person and location.
- Recommend new customer services and procedures to the Office Manager or designated manager.
- Ensure good operating condition of the main telephone switchboard.
- Inform the Office Manager or designated manager and Maintenance of all breakdowns and maintenance immediately. Ensure good preventative maintenance.
- Make sure the Reception area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to the Office Manager or designated manager immediately. Practice proper loss prevention and reaction procedures. Report all incidents properly and immediately to the Office Manager or designated manager.
- Be aware of all safety and security information and maintain a current list of emergency telephone numbers.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED required with at least one (1) year receptionist or telemarketing experience preferred. Good communication and customer service skills are required.
The physical activity requirements of the position range from Sedentary to Light Physical Work.
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection) positions.
Constant – sitting, talking, watching, touching or fingering, listening, reaching, feeling, hearing, grasping
Frequent – walking, stooping, crouching, lifting
Occasional – standing, pulling, pushing
Potential – kneeling, crawling, running, jumping, yelling or other rapid or forceful movement in
Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to inside environmental working conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with automobile operations and emissions.
Benefits: Be healthy, be prepared, save for tomorrow. Take a closer look at our benefits here.