Responsible for managing
the daily Employee Health service functions for the Valley Operating Unit and
the compliance related employee health functions for the Freestanding Operating
Unit. Provides leadership to plan, direct, coordinate and implement Employee
Health services Sutter Health including regulatory compliance programs (i.e.,
annual Tuberculosis screening, Seasonal Influenza vaccinations). Administers healthcare
program operations and supervises subordinate staff. Ensures that all medical
records are kept in a manner compliant with appropriate policies and
procedures. Reports to the Valley Area Director of Employee Health Services and
provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional areas of
responsibility. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations
and requiring coordination with other departments. Population serviced includes
Sutter Health employees, physicians, volunteers, and contract staff.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years on the job work experience in an equivalent Health Care setting.
- Three (3) years of current experience in Employee Health/Occupational Health, Risk Management or Human Resources.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressive supervisory and management experience in a healthcare setting.
- Two (2) years of current experience in interpreting and communicating policy provisions.
- Demonstrated current knowledge of Federal and State regulations regarding Workers’ Compensation, Reasonable Accommodation, American’s with Disabilities Act, and Fair Employment and Housing Act.
- Working knowledge ofregulatory requirements in a medical setting, such as Title 22, OSHA, CDC,CDPH, IMQ, Joint Commission, and CHAP.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Exccellent customer service.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to type 45 words per minute, verified by a current typing certification.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Computer Software and the ability to effectively work in an electronic health care record.
- Individual initiative andability to work independently, without constant supervision.
- Excellent communication skills required, as are managerial skills in budge development, personnel management and development and professional practice management.
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with competing priorities in an interruptive environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on high-quality service to patients and physicians.
- Certified Professional Disability Management (CPDM) certification.
- Certified Ergonomic Assessment certification
- Two (2) years of recent experience in managing leave of absence administration, ADA/FEHA accommodation and workers’ compensation case/claims management.