The Leasing Manager will report to the Community Manager and is responsible for all leasing activity on the Property. They will work directly with the Leasing team by following up on leads, setting appointments, touring applicants, screening applicants, and then completing the move in file, and inspecting the apartment home to ensure it is move-in ready for New Residents.
The Leasing Manager is responsible for providing exceptional service to community residents, future residents, and the corporate management team while assisting in all operational functions like, rent collection, submitting work orders, and special projects as needed.
- Along with the Community Manager, create leasing strategy to meet property goals.
- Manage all Leasing activity including daily leasing inspections, CRM follow-ups, reporting.
- Work with the Leasing team to ensure execution of leasing strategy and goals. Conduct and assign training as needed.
- Greet, qualify, provide tours of the community and present features and amenities to prospective residents.
- Lease apartments including: Close the sale, secure lease agreement obtains required information availability report and process applications for approval (rental history, credit check and background check)
- Follow up with prospects regarding the status
- Input information into computer systems accurately and timely
- Ensure apartment is ready for the resident to move-in on the agreed date
- Assist in planning resident functions
- Gather information about market competition in the area
- Follow Clarion Management policies and procedures and comply with Fair Housing, state, and federal laws.
- Follow all safety procedures and notify supervisor of safety hazards
- Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Highly motivated and ability to work independently
Education, Knowledge, Skills
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED) is required.
- At least 4 years of Property Management Experience.
- Bilingual – Spanish/English written and oral.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills providing for effective communication with residents, employees, peers, vendors, owners, etc. and to assist in efficient operations.
- Computer software experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, YARDI®, and related is a must.
- Must have the ability to develop, maintain, and foster relationships at every level among the organization and with external customers.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Must be analytical and able to perform intermediate math calculations.
- Basic understanding of Landlord/Tenant laws and application, familiarity with state specific Lease and Addendums, Fair Housing/ADA regulations and application, OSHA & EPA requirements for property management industry.
- The individual in this role will work in an office environment most of the time and regular in-person attendance is an essential function of this role.
- The individual will also frequently be required to travel by car, plane, walk and stand throughout the residential community, greeting and speaking with residents, employees, and vendors daily.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This is not a remote-work position.
- Based at one of our Clarion Management properties.
- Travel 10% of the time with some potentially being out of the Southern California Region.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, operate electronic devices and conduct meetings. The employee is frequently required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
About the Benefits
Clarion distinguishes itself by providing our team members with:
- A competitive base salary. INSERT RANGE
- Bonus potential based on individual and team performance.
- A suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision. Clarion pays 100% of the employee's medical, dental, and vision.
- 401k program with a 4% company match after 12 months of service.
- Tuition Reimbursement program.
- Generous paid time off.
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement.