Lead Software Test Engineer
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
The Software Test Engineer is responsible for developing automated testing strategies and implementing them in industry standard testing frameworks. The Software Test Engineer provides testing automated testing expertise and oversight and plays a role in providing advice and guidance and monitoring emerging technologies.
- Writes, debugs and executes code used in performance testing efforts.
- Plans approach and test strategy for performance testing and benchmarking.
- Maintains existing scripts for the purpose of reusability and performance regression testing.
- Analyzes test results to identify issues and works with architects and developers to suggest improvements and drive issues to resolution.
- Conducts performance tests, analyses and presents test results, metrics and drives issues to resolution.
- Builds repository of historical performance runs for the purpose of plotting trends over time.
- Evangelizes the benefits of performance testing; providing demos and industry presentations.
- Essential Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Working experience with performance and load testing tools and practices
- Determine testing standards and influence others in best practices.
- Manage all testing activities.
- Manage and communicate all risks associated with the execution of testing as it relates to the quality and predictability of the encompassing program and takes mitigating action when any risks become unacceptable.
- Assess and advise on the possibility of testing process alternatives, including automated testing.
- Initiate improvements to test processes and contributes to their implementation.
- Assess vendor’s capabilities for supporting testing efforts.
- Manage stakeholder relationships with respect to all testing matters.
- Owns the testing automation strategy, test data management strategy, and test automation framework architecture.
- Develops new or maintains existing test automation frameworks for all applications that automation currently supports.
- Writes, debugs and executes code used in automated testing efforts.
- Coordinates regression test automation activities across supported applications.
- Defines, implements, and manages processes and “best practices” with regard to automated testing.
- Establishes processes to continually review and select manual test cases for automation test suites.
- Provides metrics on business process and code coverage for automated test suites.
- Presents test results to stakeholders.
- Partners with feature developers and other automation engineers to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure production code is thoroughly tested to the highest standards.
- Understands the challenges that delivery and operations teams face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommends improvements to testing processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of testing teams and reduce technical debt.
Advice and Guidance:
- Actively works with less experienced software test engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
Emergency Technology Monitoring:
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new testing technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- BA/BS degree in related field and 7+ years of relevant experience OR MS degree in related field and 5+ years experience OR 11+ years as an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Working experience in software development and/or testing
- Working experience in automated testing frameworks
- Working experience with software test tools and processes, building and testing frameworks, and consumer-facing applications and databases
- Working experience with regulatory standards testing processes
- Working experience of scripting and configuration tools
- Working knowledge of delivering products in an engineering, operations, or release role
- Working knowledge of development lifecycle methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile, iterative)
- Working knowledge in analysis, design and programming
- Scrum Developers Certification or equivalent
- 8 – 10 years of working experience
- Hands-on working experience with Python
- Hands-on working experience with Selenium
- Hands-on working experience with Robot Framework
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.