Lead Operating Engineer
Title : Lead Operating Engineer
Take your career to the next level by joining a high-energy team of problem solvers and innovators. JLL is partnering with Amazon’s fulfillment network to ensure that buildings under our oversight operate at peak performance. We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada. Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As Amazon continues to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order. We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you're looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn from the best in the industry, then we’re looking for people like you!
Reports To: Facility Manager
Summary of Job Description:
The Lead Operating Engineer supervises, leads and supports operation, inspection, and maintenance processes to mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
- Insuries that work performed is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
- Supervises and implements the preventative maintenance program.
- Specific duties include but are not limited to: scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
- Provides training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff.
- Specific duties include, but not limited to: Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and trouble shooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
- Plans and manages budget, allowing for appropriate control over, and utilization of institutional resources.
- Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
- Insures the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies.
- Specific duties include, but not limited to: Preparing and submitting purchase order requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks for supplies.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
• Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license and pass MVR check.
• Special knowledge and skills – Experience with HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation
• Completion of an applicable technical training program is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of five years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical with at least 2 years in a lead or supervisory role
• Must have ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., use ladders up to 30 ft, possess mechanical and electrical aptitude, and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Ability to comply with both JLL and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
• Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work independently or on a team.
• Candidate must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and internet usage and navigation
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]