Job Posting Title Information Technology Systems/Database Administrator Analyst I (Extended) Location Los Rios Community College District (Cosumnes River College) Department Location Learning Resources Center and College Technology Posting Number C01069P The Institution
Cosumnes River College (CRC) values diversity, focuses on creativity and personal enrichment, and empowers students to reach their full potential as informed and productive members of the community. CRC is a leader in innovative ideas and sustainable values. One of the four colleges of the Los Rios Community College District, Cosumnes River College seeks candidates who are knowledgeable about the impact of implicit bias in teaching and learning, and who implement culturally responsive teaching techniques and effective practices for engaging students.
Serving south Sacramento County and Elk Grove since 1970, CRC's main campus and its Elk Grove center provide a dynamic learning environment for more than 14,000 ethnically and racially diverse students. One of the top 10 most diverse 2-year public colleges in the nation (noted in the Almanac of Higher Education, Fall 2015), CRC is a student-centered, open-access community college dedicated to preparing students for an ever-changing future.
CRC awards Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees, Associate degrees for Transfer, Career Education certificates, and transfer credit for students who intend to continue their education at a four- year college or university. Our 200+ programs include automotive technology, radio, television and film, allied heath, veterinary technology, and architecture and design technology, among others.
With a focus on improving completion outcomes for all students, programs like Umoja, the Puente project, and DIOP Scholars and Native American Higher Ed Resources, look to increase the number of Latinx, African-American, and Native American students who complete a degree, certificate and/or transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Student support services and programs including CARE, EOPS, Enriched Scholars, and First Year Experience enhance the ability of all students to complete college. CRC is recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and as an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
CRC strives to be an exemplary and innovative community college that empowers students and employees to strengthen the cultural, social, economic, and environmental well-being of their communities.
The Information Technology Systems/Database Administrator Analyst I is an experienced, senior-level specialist. Incumbent has primary responsibility for Systems or Database administration at the College-wide or District-wide level. The Information Technology Systems/Database Analyst I operates with routine oversight. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to Learning Resources Center and College Technology department.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days' vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)
Operations (including security, performance, problem resolution, & budgets):
- Maintains multiple servers, databases and application software across multiple systems.
- Performs installation and patching of servers, databases and application software for production and development environments.
- Specifies requirements for infrastructure components (virtual servers, vMemory, vCPU, storage, networking, databases, applications) to ensure performance, reliability, backup, and recovery (as defined for each system).
- Analyzes and resolves complex technical issues.
- Works with vendors to resolve problems.
- Provides vendors with enhancement requests.
- Creates scripted procedures and/or programming to automate support functions.
- Maintains security and staff access to servers, databases and/or software applications.
- Monitors performance, availability, reliability, and capacity of systems to meet defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Systems Administrator – configures, administers and maintains network servers providing file, print, application, web, and network services (DHCP, DCs, PXE, SAN, NAS, etc.).
- Systems Administrator – configures, administers and maintains host servers for virtual servers and assigns appropriate resources, vCPU, vMemory, vNetwork, vStorage, etc.
- Database Administrator – configures, administers and maintains databases, the DBMS and database servers providing database functions to application and web services.
- Database Administrator – configures, administers and maintains virtual database servers and assigns appropriate resources, vCPU, vMemory, vNetwork, vStorage, etc.
- Tracks and migrates Los Rios customizations and provides change management to the ERM.
- Works as a liaison between the business analysts and technical support to coordinate creation of and/or refreshes of test instances of the ERM.
- Ability to design, code and test scripts for the management of applications, servers and databases.
- Creates timelines and documentation as needed.
- Troubleshoots problems and consults with users for system needs, design, and operation.
- Provides assistance and direction to other Information Technology personnel.
- Maintains working knowledge of current industry information, vendor direction, new products, and technical architectures/approaches.
- Participates in projects and provides task definitions and time estimates within assigned role.
- Performs project management for server, database and application software patch cycles and medium-sized projects.
- Manages on-going priorities, schedules, and task completions.
Organizational Support and Leadership:
- Attends vendor training (off-site or web-based).
- Communicates with other Information Technology technical staff.
- Assists and provides coverage for other technical personnel in similar roles.
- Maintains knowledge and provides advice in the business areas supported.
- Maintains working knowledge of current industry information, vendor direction, new products, and technical architectures/approaches related to department, College, and/or District needs.
- Researches vendor sites for technical information/updates, new product updates, and future trends within assigned area of responsibility.
- Participates in long-range Information Technology planning and budgeting within assigned area.
- Implements system architectures (server, database and software), policies, and procedures consistent with established plans.
- Performs related duties as required.
Work Year 12 month Work Schedule
11:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Total Hrs per Week/Day 40 hrs per week Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, management information systems, engineering or closely related field and two years experience directly related to job duties; OR, a Bachelor's degree and four years experience directly related to the job duties; OR, an Associate's degree in computer sciences or a closely related field and six years experience directly related to job duties.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
- A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
- Resume (recommended).
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
- Letter of Interest (recommended).
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume“ on the online application will be disqualified.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
- It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Physical Demands Salary $7,431.32 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information Plus shift differential.