** Now offering up to $1,000 sign on bonus**
We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
This position is responsible for performing the installation, removal, modification, inspection, and/or service of a specific type or set of types of Direct Load Control devices while exhibiting safe, courtesy, and helpful behavior and maintaining compliance with company standards. Services are targeted to the residential markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Perform all required duties as directed to install, inspect, modify, remove and/or service DLC devices
- Exhibit basic HVAC technical aptitude and understanding
- Perform work requiring electrical/electronic usage and mechanical theories and principles
- Navigate and understand basic operating components of air conditioning systems
- Provide a professional appearance appropriate for a representative of our organization and the client
- Ensure the meeting of customer specifications and company quality standards
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Work in a team atmosphere to collaborate and continuously improve operations year after year
- Occasional weekend travel to a job site to accommodate a customer’s need may be required
- Participate in the On-Call Rotation system for after-hours service calls
- Conduct inventory counts and submit inventory reports as requested by management.
- Assure the cleanliness and organization of Franklin Energy warehouse locations and fleet vehicle parking areas by regularly assisting with the cleaning and organization of those areas - this includes proper storage of product and recycling materials, if applicable.
- Assure assigned fleet vehicles have all safety products located within and attached to the vehicle, and that the vehicles are kept clean and orderly.
- Perform routine vehicle safety inspections and submit inspection and maintenance reports to management upon request.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- One to three years of experience preferably in basic wiring, lighting, HVAC, troubleshooting and/or other technologies installed in commercial/residential applications.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude required
- Basic construction knowledge
- Basic knowledge of building science/energy auditing
- Experience in installing technologies, manual labor and using tools – Preferred
- Background in one or more of the following: - Preferred
- Building science and design
- Building envelope
- Weatherization or related fields
- Building maintenance
- Home inspection
- HVAC, lighting, controls or renewable energy
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Experienced mapping and route navigation skills
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Reliable Transportation
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel at least 95% of the time, including occasional overnight travel
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Exposure to environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Physical demands: carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling, and significant fine finger dexterity; typically, job requires 10% sitting, 60% walking, and 30% standing
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer