Housing Program Technician
Pacific Staffing is hiring several Housing Program Technicians to support a mission driven organization who provide various housing options for low-income individuals and families. The Housing Program Technician will manage an assigned caseload, performing a wide variety of day-to-day coordination and quality control of eligibility and program terminations in accordance with policy and compliance requirements. Pay: $20.92/hour.
The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to work for a service non-profit organization, possess strong customer service, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Candidates must be able to pass a critical thinking and problem-solving exam to qualify for an interview.
- This is the entry level role in the Housing Program series. Housing Program Technicians will perform specific assignments in accordance with established policies and procedures:
- Client Service
- Implement the departments Mission Statement in all aspects of customer service
- Counsel applicants, tenants and owners on program rules and regulations
- Monitor payment agreements
- Respond quickly by telephone or in writing to inquiries
- Implement caseload management process for program participants
- Performs annual, interim, and special recertification of participants; receives, reviews, and processes recertification packets
- Calculates and determines initial and continuing eligibility to receive assistance under various programs
- Implement Housing Quality Standards inspections process and ensure that regulations are met
- Conduct initial and annual interviews with clients
- Coordinate orientations and briefing sessions for pre-applicants, qualified applicants and program participants
- Review and apply pertinent provisions of program rules and regulations
- Negotiate rent with landlords for housing units and schedule
- Prepare and maintain accurate and detailed case files
- Verify ownership of property
- Evaluate unlawful detainer reports and credit and criminal background checks
- Non-acceptance and Termination Process
- Prepare written reports and correspondence as required
- Monitor case files for program violations and recommend further action
- Represent Agency at tenant conferences, reviews, hearings and court proceedings
- Assist with disputes and conflictsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have at least two (2) years experience in customer service, administration or client service-related role
Candidates will be required to complete and pass a 90min online exam with a 70% or higher passing grade. The exam will consist of critical thinking, problem solving and some basic math questions.
Apply today at www.pacificstaffing.com to start the application and testing process! Our client provides an excellent benefits package if given the chance to be hired on FTE!