Return to Job Search
Facility Maintenance Technician-3
U-Haul is seeking a full time Facility Maintenance Technician to maintain and repair our U-Haul Moving and Storage Centers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain and repair U-HAUL® facilities including moving centers, storage centers and other U-Haul buildings
- Perform duties including plumbing, carpentry, masonry, electrical, and repair or maintenance of central heating and air conditioning systems
- Responsible for all routine roof and signage inspections
- Maintain basic landscaping and maintenance of grounds
- Valid driver's license and the ability to maintain a good driving record to operate commercial motor vehicles
- Adhere to all local state and federal vehicular regulations while driving
U-Haul drivers that operate service vehicles and/or rental trucks with a GVWR of 10,001 lbs. or more or a combination of vehicles (truck and trailer) with a GCWR of 10,001 lbs. or more are required to have a driver qualification file. A medical certificate from a federally registered medical examiner must be obtained to be a U-Haul CMV driver.
High School Diploma or equivalent
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts or machines, fumes or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.