The Design Supervisor is responsible for the training and development of the design team, and for driving sales for Floor and Decor. Additionally, the Design Supervisor ensures customers have a positive sales experience by receiving exceptional customer service through design services.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Design education (BA or AA in Interior Design)
- 6 years interior design experience in lieu of design education
- Combination of education and experience equal to 6 years
- 3-5 years of leadership or management experience
- Knowledge of hard surface flooring preferred
- Proficient in basic mathematical skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office suite
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Internal candidates must have 12 months of experience in a Sr. designer position, ADM role, or higher
Essential Job Functions
- Proven ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with residential and professional customers in the industry
- Hire and develop a dynamic and motivated design team, including performance evaluations
- Greet store customers in a helpful manner and supports store design walk-in needs
- Maintain master store design appointment calendar and schedule design appointments for existing and potential customers, while developing clientele through networking and referrals, as well as leads generated within the store
- Providing tile, wood, stone and accessories advice to homeowners, interior designers, and builders for both residential and commercial projects.
- Design and sell complete, functional and aesthetically appealing solutions
- Manage multiple, simultaneous customer projects through all phases with a high level of accuracy, timeliness and follow-up including consistent and concise communication to customers and others. Proficient and consistent use of company communication tools and emails are required
- Collaborate, partner and communicate with store leadership and employees to manage projects from inquiry to installation, and achieve sales and other goals
- Enthusiastically support all company initiatives and goals by modeling and coaching best practices with store employees
- Responsible for Design Center maintenance and maintaining company visual standards
- Engage in current and emerging design trends in your market
- Responsible for understanding and utilizing design applications i.e.; Salesforce, proprietary Online Design Appointment Scheduler, MyProject, James Martin, and HousPro.
- Participate in local professional affiliation like ASID, NKBA
- Perform other duties as assigned
Working Conditions (travel, environment)
- Limited travel required including car travel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate to noisy.
Medium Work Ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: I acknowledge that I am applying to a position at Floor & Decor as a Designer and as part of the interview process, I may be asked to complete a design skill assessment exercise. If I am asked to complete a design skill assessment exercise, I understand that the interview process will not be completed until I have completed the design skill assessment exercise. I understand that throughout the interview process I am not an employee and that Floor & Decor has no obligation to treat me as an employee. I understand that I am not guaranteed a job at Floor & Decor upon the completion of the interview process. I have no expectation of pay during the interview process. I understand that, during the interview process, I may use or create F&D tools, materials, designs, and other resources, all of which will remain at all times the properties and interests of the company.
Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Benefits & Rewards
- Bonus opportunities at every level
- Career advancement opportunities
- Relocation opportunities across the country
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Discount Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: I acknowledge that I am applying to a position at Floor & Decor as a Designer and as part of the interview process I may be asked to complete a design skill assessment exercise. If I am asked to complete a design skill assessment exercise, I understand that the interview process will not be completed until I have completed the design skill assessment exercise. I understand that throughout the interview process I am not an employee and that Floor & Decor has no obligation to treat me as an employee. I understand that I am not guaranteed a job at Floor & Decor upon the completion of the interview process. I have no expectation of pay during the interview process. I understand that, during the interview process, I may use or create F&D tools, materials, designs, and other resources, all of which will remain at all times the properties and interests of the company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.