SDI Presence LLC is an IT managed services provider (MSP) and consultancy firm that leverages its strong team presence to advance our clients to a secure digital enterprise. With a 20-year corporate resume, SDI delivers strategic managed services, IT consulting, and hybrid infrastructure solutions to optimize our clients’ technology environments. SDI is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), with a portfolio of clients that includes some of the nation’s largest airports, utilities, commercial real estate portfolios, and government agencies. SDI delivers a deep technical presence through a local delivery model to achieve customer confidence and success. Visit us at www.sdipresence.com and connect with us on Twitter and Instagram.
The Business Analyst (BA) will work under the direct supervision of a Project Manager or Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to perform IT analysis, requirements elicitation, requirements analysis, requirements documentation, and requirements communication. In addition, the BA shall provide incident support on interfaces/applications/systems, including troubleshooting, preliminary investigation, and escalations to appropriate staff. This individual will also assist with ensuring that deliverables meet client standards and expectations. The successful candidate may work on multiple projects simultaneously and be a team player.
- Evaluate change requests on existing systems and recommend solutions and courses of action
- Perform analysis for systems and interface design
- Identify and clarify requirements using basic conceptual and logical process and data modeling tools and techniques
- Analyze and document the impact of changes to the integration of the existing interfaces
- Capture and document business rules gathered in various forms, including interviews with subject matter experts
- Analyze business rules to refactor as atomic, unambiguous, structured rule statements
- Resolve issues by using analytical and technical skills to address a variety of system related problems
- Conduct problem assessment, gap analysis, process mapping, and root-cause analysis
- Work with subject matter experts, vendors and customers ensuring sustainable support
- Act as a liaison between all interested parties to reach a solution that meets the needs of the organization
- Bachelor’s in Business Analyst related field and 5 years of experience applying analytical processes on IT projects, with 3 years of that experience in business systems analysis and design
- Documenting business and application workflow, knowledge of relational database designs and use cases or user stories
- Leading and working within cross-functional teams that include business subject matter experts, architects, developers, and testers
Desired Requirements (highly preferred)
- Five (5) years of experience producing deliverables such as:
- a. Requirements Documents
- b. Procedural Manuals
- c. Training and Reference Materials
- Experience in supporting enterprise solutions within a health care and/or correctional environment
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design and/or collaborative design sessions
- Three (3) years of experience working with Agile/Scrum Framework
- Experience performing business analysis related tasks in a State department or other public agency
- Experience in Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) message mapping, routing, troubleshooting and/or EDI message analysis Health Level (HL)7/ X.12, B2B
- Strong oral and written communication skills to assist with development of project deliverables and participate in client presentations
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer StatementSDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.