SBM is looking to add a Benefits Analyst to our team! The incumbent in this position supports the Director of Benefits, with strategic deliverables to meet organizational goals. Researches, analyzes, evaluates corporate benefit programs both health and retirement plans. Monitors benefit trends and provides financial metrics and cost analysis by engaging in, benchmarking, reviewing, renewals or vendor changes to existing plans.
- Have experience with Self- funded plan including administration and claims review.
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of retirement plans – 401k and deferred compensation. Will be responsible for day to day retirement plan administration.
- Generate, prepare and perform preliminary analysis of data for various health and ancillary and health benefit plans.
- Data mining for data quality and cleansing to ensure accurate compliance all agreements and Carrier Contracts.
- Evaluates proposed employee benefit contracts by studying provisions; estimating impact.
- Assist department with reports and materials for payroll, transitions, mergers, acquisitions and integrations.
- In conjunction with the Director, takes the lead on strategizing and implementing procedures and compliance with the federal and state laws (i.e. PPACA).
- Evaluates program administration and the service delivery model. Recommends and implements changes as needed to ensure effective and efficient administration and operation of all benefit plans.
- May require some travel.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or four to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May be required to have a valid driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to the administration of health and retirement benefits
- Knowledge of JD Edwards Enterprise One & Ultimate Software; Strong skills in Microsoft suite; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.