SITE LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Sabine Pass, TX, US
COMPANY NAME: Zachry Industrial, Inc.
JOB TITLE: Site Logistics Coordinator
LOCATION: San Antonio, TX
POSITION SUMMARY: Zachry is currently accepting applications for Logistics Coordinators for upcoming new construction work in Sabine Pass, TX.
- Responsible for project level management of assigned 3rd party transportation operations.
- Oversees daily operations of contracted logistics providers and interfaces with Construction Management and Materials Management on schedules and alternatives.
- Provide accurate and timely information to the Logistics team.
- Provides support to the Logistics Manager on operations, schedules, issues, and costs.
- Supports the Logistics Specialist.
Completes other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 to 5+ years relevant work experience
- Related experience in related fields i.e. Engineering, Expediting, Craft Specialist, Purchasing
- Experience as a leader and managing others; working with teams typically up to 5
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Windows, Excel, Access, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint etc)
- Ability to work where procedures are of varied or diversified nature
- Ability to recognize timelines and deadlines to prioritize work accordingly
- Ability to successfully interface internally and externally with multiple levels of personnel
- High level of attention to detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- High level of communication skills
- Experience/Working knowledge of Oracle/ MMS Logistics Systems
- Current or Former Zachry
- Formal OJT or Apprentice Program
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Logistics or Materials Management experience within; Construction field, Military or other related area.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Required to communicate in person, via telephone, and email. Use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry and move objects up to 25 pounds safely. Occasionally may adhere to extended periods of standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Position is location on an industrial facility and will require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Work will be in multiple environments including but mot limited to: an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on sites operating and functioning in a fast-paced work environment. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Work environment will contain: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking, bells whistles and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Site Logistics Coordinator position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is North America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services to the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. We work with customers to plan, build and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. We operate in more than 30 offices, and our 20,000 employees work in more than 400 locations nationwide, united by a shared set of values and the desire to deliver the very best outcome for our customers. Visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.