Location: Coahoma, Texas, USA
Clariant is a focused and innovative specialty chemical company, based in Muttenz near Basel/Switzerland. On December 31, 2018 the company employed a total workforce of 17,901. In the financial year 2018, Clariant recorded sales of CHF 6.623 billion for its continuing businesses.
The company reports in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings. Clariant's corporate strategy is based on five pillars: focus on innovation and R&D, add value with sustainability, reposition portfolio, intensify growth, and increase profitability.
The Field Service Technician will deliver chemical to customer sites and in the field, take samples from active production and water systems, and safely install or remove continuous downhole injection systems at various customer oilfield locations.
- Follow and assist in preparing: pre-work plans, Job Safety Analysis, Standard Operating Procedures and other work processes
- Participate in all company and customer required safety programs and initiatives
- Practice active hazard awareness
Vehicle Integrity and Driving
- Prepare pre-trip and post trip vehicle inspections if required
- Maintain vehicle interior and exterior in a clean, unclutter condition
- Operate the vehicle in a safe manner, using principles of defensive driving, adhere to all laws and regulations
Equipment Installation or Removal
- Ensure all required documents are current and present in vehicle including: Master Safety Data Sheet, Job Safety Analysis and equivalent.
- Follow prescribed route sheets or other work orders
- Perform job as established in process documentation including work instructions, Job Safety Analysis, etc.
- Wear and understand the use of all customer and company required PPE
- Understand all parts of the Material Safety Data Sheet
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Maintain all tools and equipment in a clean and serviceable condition
- Participate in company and customer required substance abuse programs
- High School Diploma (or GED) preferred, educational requirements may be offset with proven success in a substantially similar role and requisite years of experience
- 1-3 years of experience
- Oilfield experience preferred, working around production equipment and facilities
- Must maintain a valid driver's license with a commercial driver's license with a Class B certification preferred