Responsible for the proper storage and handling of raw ingredients, food and beverages, paper products and cleaning chemicals. Dates/rotates stock per established standards. Pre-prep of raw and dry ingredients according to standardized recipes; preparation of less complex recipes (salads, sandwiches, grill items) and/or finishing work and portioning following standardized recipes. Use of slicing, chopping, mixing and cleaning equipment. Maintains appropriate food temperatures and cleanliness of the work area. Ability to identify quality product and reports discrepancies or variances to leadership.
1. Properly date mark, rotate, stock and/or store raw ingredients, prepared food, beverages, paper products, and cleaning chemicals according to established standards.
2. Fills orders accurately for distribution.
3. Pre-prep of raw and dry ingredients according to standardized recipes.
4. Reports variances to leadership.
5. Identifies and communicates opportunities for waste reduction, service improvements and/or revenue enhancement to leadership per established guidelines.
6. Preparation of less-complex standardized recipes for retail and patient food services. Including accurate portioning, wrapping and finishing work. May include, but not limited to sandwiches, salads, modified consistency products, bakery and grill items.
7. Uses food service equipment including thermometers, knives, slicers, choppers, grills, ovens, etc.
8. Maintains, cleans and sanitizes equipment and work area according to established standards.
9. Provides support for serving areas (retail and patient), ensuring high quality product available and communicating needs to production staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Must be able to read, write, speak and communicate effectively in English.
B. Work Experience:
· One year experience in food service and/or bakery experience.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
· Must be at least 18 years of age to work with power equipment, required by law.
D. Other Qualifications:
· Working knowledge of weights, measures and use of standardized, large quantity recipes.
· Must be well organized and versatile with the ability to prioritize and perform a variety of assignments.
· Must have good verbal communication skills, a sense of creativity, be attentive to details and the ability to evaluate and recognize quality products.