Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
As a Support Equipment (SE) Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for creating and implementing deployable structures and mechanical mechanisms at the cutting edge of space technology. You will have ownership of your work from the concept creation through the design and analysis phases and may also participate in the manufacturing, testing, and integration of the systems. Mechanical engineering utilizes a Systems Engineering approach to establish SE functional and performance requirements. SE engineering is involved in all phases of research and product life-cycle development starting with requirements, initial concepts, trade studies, early air vehicle design influence, design and development of the SE item, fabrication/procurement, engineering evaluation testing, verification, delivery of hardware, and support of delivered hardware.
Roles and responsibilities:
The candidate will use technical principles, theories and concepts and apply them to develop recommended solutions to technical problems. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the skill and ability to perform professional tasks in one or more aspects of a product lifecycle, to include coordination between other teammates, supervisors, project leaders and other professionals. Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment, including critical thinking and technical problem solving skills.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering, OR a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field plus 2 years of engineering experience; OR Masters of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field with 0 years of engineering experience.
- Active in scope Secret clearance
- Proficient with 3D design/2D drawing CAD
- Experience establishing product requirements, design of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical equipment
- Experience with PDM or Teamcenter
- Hands on experience in equipment maintenance, fabrication, assembly, power, hand and measuring tools
- In depth knowledge of aircraft maintenance, SE, and flight line operations
- Knowledge in the development of SE design solutions
- ANSI/ASME Y 14.5 GD&T
- Earned Value Management System(EVMS)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.