Round Mountain is an open-pit mine located in Nevada, one of the best mining jurisdictions in the world. The mine uses conventional open-pit mining methods and processes ore by mill and heap leach.
Under the direction of the Warehouse Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for warehouse counter duties, and assists in shipping and receiving, materials handling, inventory controls, and other duties as assigned by the Supervisor while continuously aligning daily functions to reflect Kinross' values.
- Handle material requests and issues at the warehouse counter based on established warehouse procedures. This will include knowledge of inventory locations and proper information input and handling.
- Rotation of inventory
- Keeping shelves stocked and the receiving area clear.
- Sweep floors, dust the area and maintain neat appearance inside and outside storage areas.
- Progressive training in the JD Edwards System, including issues, receiving and all materials handling functions.
- Assist in the shipping and receiving of materials.
- Assist in the surveillance of the warehouse and outside storage areas in loss prevention.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality, and code of conduct.
- Meets or exceeds established performance expectations set by management.
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment in job performance.
- Works without risk or harm to self and others.
- Punctuality and regular attendance required.
- Helps develop other department personnel to perform the duties listed above.
- Performs other related functions as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds.
- Forklift experience is preferred.
- Must follow established warehouse and safety procedures as directed.
- Must be able to carry out assigned duties with minimal supervision.
- Must possess good knowledge of and ability to use a mainframe, personal computer, and its related systems.
- Experience in the JD Edwards system is preferred.
- DOT Hazmat training is preferred.
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
- General understanding of mining operations, as well as limited understanding of milling and maintenance operations.
- Working knowledge and skill with P.C. utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to work independently and also as a member of the management team.
- Demonstrates strong administrative, organizational and technical writing skills.
- Must be 18 years old and presently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Requires valid driver's license.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Requirements
- Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations.
- Have a strong commitment to safe working practices.
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times while in the production environment.
- Is alert and observes, corrects, and reports unsafe conditions.
- Follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Strategic Effectiveness
Developing and communicating rigorous and creative business strategies that drive sustainable value.
- External Engagement
Understanding and building relationships with external parties that strengthen and sustain competitive advantage.
- Business Focus
Applying commercial rigor and discipline to all business decisions and customer relationships.
- Living the Kinross Values
Aligning behavior, decisions, and actions with Kinross values and principles.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Works under the direct supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor.
Career Framework and Level
US work permit required
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.