Electrical Engineer - 3850
Apex Life Sciences is currently searching for a Senior Engineer for a large Medical Device company in Northern Illinois . The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and at least two years of Validation experience.
• Creation of test cases to verify requirements.
• Drive verification testing of components, controls and PCB testing, system functional testing including scheduling dependencies.
• Manage multi-site testing efforts.
• Manage test related anomalies. Diagnose, isolate and investigate problem reports. Problem report investigations drive product improvements or bug fixes.
• Assist with test plan creation, procedure, readiness and results reviews and preparation of test traceability.
• Provide direction to technicians where the scope of the verification effort requires multiple individuals.
• Drive validation of testing tools.
• Ensures test fleet is representative and of sufficient quantity to represent fielded configurations. Track and publish information about availability of test fleet devices.
• Participate in V&V development process improvement and test automation. Constantly strive to make the development process better and more efficient.
• Experience with Verification and Validation Test Process definition
• Experience with embedded system testing (motors, pumps, sensors, scales, etc.).
• Experience with electrical lab equipment (Multi-meter, Scope, etc.)
• Experience with all phases of system development lifecycle (requirements, design, debug, test, defect resolution)
• Ability to work with both internal and external (customer and contract) resources.
• Experience with engineering/office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to write V&V specifications and documentation, create plans and procedures, and present in one-on-one and group settings.
Strongly preferred qualifications:
• Experience with data acquisition, emulation, simulation and modeling tools (e.g. LabVIEW, LabWindows, Matlab)
• Experience with medical devices and associated international standards
• Experience with safety-critical system development
• Ability to read electrical schematics.
• Experience with Requirements Management tools (e.g. DOORS)
B.S. Degree in Engineering (Electrical and Mechanical) and 2+ years of experience
Strong knowledge of GLP and GDP, nice to have
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.