SAGE Dining Services® is seeking a highly qualified executive chef with high end catering and large volume production experience in campus dining for an independent boarding school South of Boston.
Our chefs and culinary teams are talented individuals who know how to prepare a great meal! Menus, written by our chefs and prepared from scratch, reflect local and regional foods, flavors and culinary styles. Our culinary teams' cooking methods, recipe development and expertise make every dining experience truly unique. Our catering events rival five star restaurants.
Check out this video about what we do:
So if you absolutely have a passion for food, want to have a schedule that is more “life friendly“ than that of a restaurant, contact us today. Our best managers are as skilled in front of the house presentation and showmanship as they are in the kitchen.
This is a management salaried year-round position.
What you will do:
- produce high quality scratch batch cooking
- manage and train the kitchen team
- demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- create menus
- implement and maintain HACCP standards
- develop client and customer relationships
- deliver fabulous catering results
- communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- deliver budgeted financial results
- create a positive team environment
- manage ordering and inventory
What you get:
- Annual Salary, year round position
- Benefits: Health/Life/Vision/Dental/Disability/401(k)
- Mission Based company with strong values
- Career Opportunities as we are always growing
What you need:
- Minimum 3 years of prior food service management experience, academic community experience a plus
- high volume production experience, minimum three years
- high end catering experience
- knowledgeable in current food trends
- community/ service minded
- detail oriented
- energetic demeanor
- strong work ethic and integrity
- timely responses to communication
- proficiency with computers
- culinary degree preferred but not required
Join a team of dedicated chefs and culinary talent who appreciate the importance of preparing and serving a great meal!
At SAGE, we are known for creating exceptional dining experiences. We write innovative recipes that reflect diverse regional and international cuisines; we use the freshest, highest-quality ingredients on the market; and we cook from scratch in small batches.
Make a positive impact on students at some of the top independent schools and colleges in the country. Enjoy a small, community-focused environment and an authentic work-life balance. Cultivate your culinary skills with a value-based company that prefers to promote from within.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.