Lead COBOL/Java Developer
Req Number: 234680
- ADP is hiring a Lead Application Developer (Mainframe/Java).
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what's next?In this role, you will work within a scrum team to bring the designs and ideas to life for new or improved applications. This work will support a mix of internal and external clients. You will work with clients, product managers, architects, software engineers, and more to plan, design, develop, test, and implement impactful solutions that support companies with one to millions of employees.You will start your day on a scrum call to prioritize and track work. Within the team you work on, you will choose user stories to work within a sprint cycle. You will spend most of your day developing and testing your code. At the end of each sprint/release cycle, you will be involved in the release activities.To thrive in this development career, you'll need to be an expert in Java and COBOL, along with JCL, VSAM, object-oriented programming and design patterns as well as frameworks like Spring Boot, Hibernate or JPA. You'll need to be familiar with web services, RESTful APIs, RDMS and NoSQL databases (DB2, MySQL, Mongo, etc.), markup languages (JSON, XML, YAML) and versioning systems (CVS, SVN, Git). Like our best developers, you are an enthusiastic creator eager to learn and take on stretch assignments. You strive to learn new technologies and find ways to incorporate what you learn into building your products.As a Lead Developer, you will work closely with your team to lead and guide projects to success. You'll have a hands-on role designing, developing, debugging, and deploying software solutions where you can leverage your expertise with code complexities. You'll also serve as a mentor to the junior developers. In the lead role, you will balance the assigning of user stories through prioritization and consideration of the technical interests of each developer on the team. As part of our team, you'll find exciting challenges, get opportunities to grow your career, and develop solid friendships as we design what's next for ADP and the industry. Pace should not scare you. We still find time for a healthy dose of fun.Like what you see? Apply now!Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careersA little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP's commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_VideosWHAT YOU'LL DO:Here's what you can expect on a typical day:
- Are you empathetic to client needs and inspired by transformation and impacting the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a culture of collaboration and belonging?
- You'll start each day with a scrum, working in a team to understand responsibilities, identify issues, and communicate coding priorities while choosing user stories to complete. You will also participate in other agile ceremonies, including scheduled sprint demos, where you will present your work to up to 90 stakeholders.
- Build teams that thrive. As an experienced leader, you want everyone to shine. You'll start each day by checking in with your engineering team to identify priorities and challenges. You'll find a way to make the team's day go smoother. You are constantly looking for ways to share your knowledge, motivate others and keep everyone engaged and productive.
- Build Products. You will use your technical expertise to review your team's work and help your people excel in an Agile environment. You're proactive and hands-on. When you see a potential issue, you never leave things hanging and unfinished. When you and your team deliver a finished product, it's as polished as you could make it.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- Variety of work. There is no typical day. You could be checking in with a team in India one minute, meeting with leadership to review initiatives for the coming quarter later and tomorrow handling a few ad hoc requests from your peers in other departments.
- Influence and inspire confidence. You are comfortable presenting to senior leaders, product owners, and peers with a compelling voice that you demonstrate through executive presence, leading change, and creating clear executive-level communications on milestone achievements.
- You have 8-12 years of experience in relevant skills gained and developed in the same or similar role.
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- You'll have a Bachelor's degree OR equivalent.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY(ADA version: )
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another's ideas to find the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We're obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP's Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
Explore our COVID-19 page to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click to learn more about ADP's culture and our full set of values.