For more than 10 years, Taghleef Industries, Inc. has built a reputation as one of the world's largest and most recognized industry leaders in specialty BOPP (Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene) films.
Quality Engineer is responsible to promote continuous improvement and assist in ensuring compliance to quality processes.
- Acts as primary contact for technical issues for the QC lab and Supplier Quality related issues. Conducts Supplier audits as required and manages the Supplier Corrective Action process.
- Leads Quality Improvement Team for defect reduction within the plant.
- Act as a decision-maker for hold and release/control of nonconforming product.
- Helps provide disposition for non-conforming material.
- Conducts training for production personnel as requested.
- Performs Gauge R&R (Repeatability and Reproducibility) studies and serves as a resource for equipment calibration.
- Performs random Product and Production audits.
- Serves as a resource for QA inspection routing and purchase order entries.
- Participates in and leads projects and initiatives to standardize and continuously improve processes.
- Complete customer quality questionnaires and host customer audits when necessary.
- Present monthly quality complaints, topics, and training when necessary.
- Actively participate in internal audit program.
- Gathers and organizes information required for a variety of meetings and audits.
- Performs trend analysis and supports verification of external and internal Corrective / Preventive Actions.
- Provides statistical analysis in support of Quality Assurance efforts and improvements in the areas of; defect trends, complaint summaries, CpK machine analysis, material efficiencies and hold ticket summaries as appropriate.
- Develops and supports Corrective / Preventive Action Plans that demonstrate proper Root Cause analysis. Performs Validations on all Inspection and Test Equipment. Prepares and submits reports upon completion of validations.
- Demonstrates safety leadership by complying with all safety rules, policies, regulations and procedures; participating in safety programs, and encouraging employee involvement from all employees in all safety activities.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemistry or a related field is preferred or equivalent experience is required.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to make quick and appropriate decisions.
- Proficient at multitasking and prioritizing.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of manufacturing systems and solid working knowledge of processes and products.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Projects a strong professional image and able to interact within all levels of the organization.
- Well versed in statistics, detail oriented / able to interpret data.
- Must be able to interact with employees at all levels of the organization and well as customers and suppliers.
- Ability to deliver results with minimal local supervision is required.
- Ability to travel < 20% as requested and/or required.
Taghleef is a Drug Free Workplace - Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Taghleef offers a solid track record of growth and expansion in the food packaging industry as well as a competitive benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays, health/prescription, dental and vision insurance, both short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, additional life insurance amounts available including spouse and dependent child coverage through payroll deductions, flexible spending accounts, company funded heath savings accounts, fitness reimbursement, tuition assistance and 401(k) with a company match.
Taghleef Industries, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.