Paige is a software company helping pathologists and clinicians make faster, more informed diagnostic and treatment decisions by mining decades of data from the world’s experts in cancer care. We are leading a digital transformation in pathology by leveraging advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to create value for the oncology clinical team.
Paige is the first company to develop clinical grade AI tools for the pathologist, which resulted in our receiving FDA breakthrough designation for our first product.
We’re seeking a creative Senior Software Engineer, Healthcare Data Ingestion who enjoys implementing scalable and interoperable applications and systems to join our Engineering Team. In this role you will collaborate with our world-class team focusing in product development, machine learning and pathology to develop mechanisms to ingest and transfer large volumes of digital pathology images from various hospital ecosystems and into our backend infrastructure, as well as integrate seamlessly with hospital systems. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and to pursue a life-changing mission with unique technical challenges!
- Build robust, scalable and interoperable applications and services that can ingest and transfer very large amounts of data (including large image files for digital pathology) outside of the hospital ecosystem and running on thin virtual appliances
- Develop software that monitor and integrate seamlessly HL7 feeds, XML notifications and can access various file systems
- Provide support for your product and applications by being the point of contact for various IT teams at hospitals
- Implement new features while applying software development and security best practices
- Work within a cross-disciplinary agile team
- Extensive experience architecting solutions for healthcare data ingestion that are deployed within the hospital ecosystem. Similar experience can include working with DICOM files and/or HL7 feeds for medical image data.
- Experience deploying such systems on virtual infrastructures.
- Extensive experience with Python, or equivalent.
- Deep understanding of virtual appliances and Unix / Linux operating systems.
- Deep understanding of IT and security best practices.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with modern product development practices, including software testing (eg. unit testing, regression testing).
- Notions of HL7 messaging and DICOM.
Nice to have
- Understanding of clinical workflows
- Prior usage of Mirth Connect, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent years of experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a software engineer