HR & Payroll Assistant (Part-Time)
About the Job:
About the Job:
- Industry: Logistics/Warehousing
- Hours: 12 - 16 hours/week (part-time)
- Location of Position: Romulus, MI
- Competitive Pay
- 5-10 years experience in payroll and human resources management.
- Must be able to process payroll (experience in Paycor payroll a plus).
- Must be detail oriented.
- Benefits administration (health, dental, vision, disability insurance, retirement plan, and more).
- Ability to process worker's compensation claims, unemployment, short-term & long-term disability, and FMLA.
- Expertise in benefits administration.
- Manage and respond to employee grievances.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) skills required.
- Strong communication skills and high level of professionalism.
- High School Diploma required
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Process bi-weekly payroll through the Paycor payroll system.
- Perform on-boarding of new hires, I-9 verifications, criminal background checks, orientations, and benefits enrollment.
- Responsible for employee benefits administration, including worker's compensation, short term disability, long term disability, and unemployment claims.
- Maintain accurate employee information and ensure all insurance carriers and other entities receive updates in a timely manner.
- Assist in employee grievances and management training.
- Complete required reports accurately and by due date(s).