NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. Were independent and vendor-neutral so we have our clients best interests at heart. At NYSTEC, we know that we succeed when individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally, so our benefits and perks support this mindset. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
Our economic development mission is to foster innovation, technology transfer and commercialization, and community development. We are committed to providing space and supporting community collaboration, innovation, and open-campus collaboration. Our partners benefit from our strong network of government agencies, universities, diverse industry partners, and startups. IgniteU NY is an accelerator program, that is powered by NYSTEC and offers various programs to help new businesses and entrepreneurs develop their skills, connect with the community, and scale their operations here in New York State.
About the Role:
?The Senior Small Business Innovation Consultant works within a team to develop, capture, and deliver programs and services to support NYSTEC's IgniteU NY program.? The position provides direct support to NYSTEC's Economic Development Manager and is part of a team that executes the IgniteU NY program.? The Senior Small Business Innovation Consultant is responsible for small to large-sized projects, supports community outreach, manages the planning of entrepreneurial events and programming, and acts as liaison to collaborative partners.?
- Assist with the planning, development, and execution of the IgniteU NY Program in the Rome, NY community
- Advisor for start-up or early stage companies.
- Support community outreach by attending networking events.
- Manage the planning of entrepreneurial events and programming
- Understanding of innovation ecosystems, experience advising start-up or early stage companies and have a balanced understanding of the roles collaborative partners' programs play supporting start-up and early stage companies.
- Innovative approaches to challenges, and client focused problem solver who can adapt to shifting client demands
- Knowledge of funding sources and budgeting, marketing, operations, tracking of metrics, and team recruitment.
- Knowledge of the regional entrepreneurial activities in the region including incubators, accelerators, academic programs and business plan competitions
- Knowledge of Project Management best practices and industry standards
- Knowledge leading, inspiring, and managing project teams
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a bachelors degree with at least five years of related experience is required. Prior experience in innovation or entrepreneurship industry strongly preferred. Equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.
If youre an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, utilizing your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, providing support to customers, and have the required education, experience and skills, we want to hear from you.
NYSTEC is an equal-opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, marital status disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn More About NYSTEC