Provides each of theassigned patients with routine daily nursing care and services in accordancewith the patients assessment and care plan, and as directed by the nursesupervisor.
1. Provides care ensuringpatient/resident safety
2. Applies & releases restraints,and provides exercise
3. Assists patients in and out of bedand into wheelchair with the correct use of the transfer belt and practicesproper body mechanics while moving/transferring patients
4. Assists patients in bathing: toinclude bed baths, tub baths, and showers
5. Assists patients in dressing orundressing, and personal grooming e.g., oral/denture care, brushing hair,trimming fingernails and toenails, skin care and shaving
6. Assists patients to and fromactivities as requested
7. Assists patients to dining area formeals; assists in feeding of patients as needed; passes food trays toindividual patients in accordance with diet cards on tray and needs; documentsintake of nourishment. Is able toidentify the four basic food groups on a sample breakfast, lunch, and dinnermeal
8. Assists with admissions, discharges,and transfers as requested; understands and utilizes care plans
9. Collects stool and urine samples percare plan; cleans bedpans and empty catheter bags, provides external/indwellingcatheter care
10. Displays proper use and care of liftequipment
11. Offers fluids at appropriate times(including routine ice and water rounds) and distributes fresh water topatients and picks up used water pitchers.
12. Properly documents in accordance withestablished guidelines; receives and gives reports on patients status orcondition.
13. Provides for bowel and bladdertraining/retraining, provides colostomy care
14. Provides range of motion exercises forpatients
15. Provides routine care for the bedfastpatient; turns patient intermittently if patient is bedridden due to illness
16. Recognizes and reports signs/ symptomsof abuse and/or change in condition
17. Removes bedding and replaces with cleanlinens per schedule or condition
18. Takes vital signs of patient, e.g.,temperature, blood pressure, and respiration and records information anddocuments/reports information regarding the patients health, I&O, anychange of medical condition, and care given
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
A minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Active, current and unrestricted Certified Nursing Assistance certification in the appropriate state
Should be a certified nurse assistant in accordance with the laws of the issuing state