A Morton Thomas and Associates, Inc. is growing! We are a 100% employee-owned multidisciplinary firm with a track record of more than 60 years of excellence providing civil engineering, surveying, environmental, landscape architecture, and construction engineering and inspection services. AMT’s staff of more than 525 employees offers far-reaching expertise and a commitment to delivering successful projects to our clients. Even with AMT’s swift growth, each of our offices fosters a highly supportive and collaborative environment. As an active and socially responsible organization, we pride ourselves on the partnerships we build with our clients to improve communities.
We are hiring a Subsurface Utility Engineering Technician to join our team in Rockville, MD. As part of this team, you will be immersed in a culture reflective of a smaller firm while providing the resources and technical strength of a larger company. With the opportunity to work alongside supportive management, tackle challenging projects, and develop your career, there is no better time to join AMT.
- Properly expose or locate various subsurface utilities safely in varied site conditions
- Drive, operate and maintain a vacuum excavation truck and related equipment safely and efficiently
- Operate pneumatic air tools such as jackhammer and pogo tamper.
- Collect basic field measurements and create legible field sketches
- Accurately record and report your work each day on the forms provided
- Inspect and correct your own work before turning it in
- Perform all task assignments using required industry standards
- Participate in cross-survey training as requested to build a stronger team
- Communicate your workflow needs to your team and to your supervisor and/or Project Manager
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to obtain Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card for Commercial Motor Vehicle operation
- 0 - 2 years of utility related experience is desired, but not required. Lack of experience can be offset with desire and ambition to learn the required skills.
- Familiarity with pipe and cable locators, traffic hazards, survey, or vacuum excavation truck experience a plus.
- Ability to perform some equipment maintenance tasks a plus. Mechanical aptitude is desired.
- Must be able to lift 50-100 pounds, walk for extended periods, and work in all weather conditions and climates
- Willing to work evenings/weekends when required
- Willing to travel for overnight and extended stay projects as required.
- Background and motor vehicle checks may be required
Why Join AMT?
If you are ready to contribute your talents to a company that boasts unrivaled opportunities for growth, engages and improves communities across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions, and delivers impactful projects, we would love to hear from you.
Along with competitive salaries, AMT offers an exemplary benefits package that includes a strong 401(k) matching plan, medical, dental, and vision coverage, commuter benefits, educational assistance, and more.