Requisition Number: SRTAL01395
MacroGenics is a leader in the discovery and development of innovative medicines that utilize our next generation antibody-based technologies. Our team of 300+ dedicated individuals is advancing a pipeline of product candidates to treat patients with cancer as well as various autoimmune disorders and infectious diseases. Our products and platforms have attracted multiple partnerships with leading pharmaceutical companies around the globe.
The Company considers its employees to be its most valuable asset and we are committed to providing opportunities for individuals to learn and grow as a means to further their professional development. MacroGenics' corporate culture promotes an atmosphere of innovation, open communication and teamwork where employees can see firsthand how they contribute to the success of the organization.
Summary of Position:
The Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist/Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for the full lifecycle talent acquisition process including building and maintaining a pipeline of candidates, strategic sourcing and screening of candidates and making candidate recommendations to human resource business partners and to hiring managers. He/she will also assist with creating and maintaining other related initiatives such as employer branding, ensuring a positive candidate experience, college outreach, metric and reporting, and staying abreast of recruitment best practices.
Responsibilities and Job Duties
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners to identify current and future staffing needs and develop appropriate recruitment plans to drive the sourcing and selection process of top talent
- Ensure that all open positions follow the appropriate requisition process, that position descriptions are complete and approved, and jobs are subsequently posted in the right locations in a timely manner
- Utilize relevant technologies in digital, social media and job boards to source and recruit new and existing candidates develop sourcing strategies including participation in relevant job fairs and with colleges and universities. Build and maintain an ongoing pipeline of qualified talent. Focuses on networking opportunities likely to be of considerable strategic or long-term value
- Identify best practices for candidate interviewing approaches and selection techniques and in partnership with HR Business Partners develop a plan for executing recommended practices with all stakeholders
- Screen applicants for assigned positions, set up all candidate interviews, create offer letters, and ensure the administrative process is accurate and thoroughly complete. Arrange travel and lodging for applicants, as necessary and coordinate all travel expense submissions
- Coordinate the new hire documentation processes and ensure that all required paperwork is received and processed accordingly and in a timely manner. Support the employment background check processes including references, HireRIght background checks, EVerify and other government websites when required for the position. Identify concerns, if applicable, and prepare for review and approval by HR Business Partner
- Coordinate and support the relocation process with new hires if applicable. Ensure that all relocation benefits are provided in a timely manner and all payments are processed per the offer
- Communicate important employment information during delivery of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation, noncompete agreements, claw back agreements, relocation provisions etc.)
- Coordinate the preparation of the Affirmative Action plan and develop recruitment and staffing strategy recommendations based on the outcomes of the Plan
- Manage vendor relationships relating to all employment related processes to ensure accurate billing, understanding of tools and potential improvement, and if changes are required
- Manage the temporary employee selection and contracting process. Process IT request, provide any relevant documentation and identification, ensure proper communication with MG supervisor, and receive, review and process invoices for approval
- Identifies ways to improve operational efficiency and bring recommendations for modifications or vendor changes to the team
- Manage current employee referral program. Identify best marketing tactics and raise employee’s awareness
- Develop and maintain HR marketing materials to represent MacroGenics in a positive light to be utilized when sourcing candidates
- Ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations
- Manage current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS) and use other systems as relevant (e.g., onboarding, benefits enrollment, I-9 verification
- Provide back up support to the HR Generalist in her absence
Education & Credentials
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
Talent Acquisition Specialist
- A minimum of two years of experience sourcing and interviewing candidates and making recommendations for next steps, if appropriate in a scientific, technology, healthcare or related industry.
- Experience recruiting low to mid-level positions
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
- A minimum of five years of experience sourcing and interviewing candidates and making recommendations for next steps, if appropriate in a scientific, technology, healthcare or related industry.
- Experience recruiting low to mid-level positions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possesses a positive and professional demeanor
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Solid active sourcing skills
- Experience using various interview formats (e.g. telephone, SKYPE, structured, group)
- Knowledge of federal and state laws regarding employment practices and experience with related compliance (e.g., ERISA and EEO reporting)
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Capable of prioritizing and planning work for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn
- Effective writing and grammar skills
- Experience with UltiPro Applicant Tracking System
- Sourcing experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry (including CROs, CMOs etc.)
MacroGenics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com or call (301) 354-3566 and/or 711 for TTD/TTY service.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
We do not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies.