Requisition Number: SRRDI01392
MacroGenics is a leader in the discovery and development of innovative medicines that utilize our next generation antibody-based technologies. Our team of 300+ dedicated individuals is advancing a pipeline of product candidates to treat patients with cancer as well as various autoimmune disorders and infectious diseases. Our products and platforms have attracted multiple partnerships with leading pharmaceutical companies around the globe.
The Company considers its employees to be its most valuable asset and we are committed to providing opportunities for individuals to learn and grow as a means to further their professional development. MacroGenics' corporate culture promotes an atmosphere of innovation, open communication and teamwork where employees can see firsthand how they contribute to the success of the organization.
Summary of Position:
The Senior R&D Information Technology (IT) Manager/R&D Information Technology Manager will act as a Business Relationship Manager and IT Program Delivery Manager within the Research and Development organizations at MacroGenics. He/she will focus on program delivery, managing assessments and implementations for new technologies, driving technology and operational improvements, and supporting production applications as needed. Reporting directly to the Director, R&D IT, the Senior R&D Information Technology Manager will serve as an important connection between the business community and the IT organization to ensure technology assessment, delivery objectives, and IT investments align with client group objectives.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
Technology Opportunity Qualification and Business Partnership
- Manage the opportunity qualification process to evaluate the selection of new tools or systems that support business needs.
- Drive evaluation to identify technology solutions, evaluate industry trends and tools, and in partnership with the client, develop a business case for technology initiatives.
- Keep current on existing market research and technology vendors. Evaluate vendors for strategic fit within MacroGenics IT and business strategies.
- Proactively share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business units.
- Maintain open lines of communication with key business partners to enable strong working partnership and become a technology strategic adviser.
Technology Project Execution
- Lead the IT project initiation process including; project scoping, business requirements, vendor contracting, project budget, and project charter development.
- Drive the project implementation by overseeing and coordinating with a designated business or IT project manager to ensure its’ alignment to the overall strategy and objectives.
- Lead projects serving in the capacity of the project manager on an as needed basis.
- Coordinate design of the business system capabilities. Ensure that design is consistent with agreed upon business processes and provides a foundation for continuous improvement and business efficiency.
- Oversees vendor work quality and productivity while managing vendor relationships and contracting.
- Communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding business unit requests, projects and initiatives.
- Provide program/ project status on a scheduled basis to IT and business leadership regarding project budget, schedule, risks, issues, etc.
Technology Adoption and Support
- Support, lead, and guide business organizational readiness and change management activities as it relates to delivery projects and technology use.
- Manage the business adoption of existing and new capabilities through key stakeholder partnerships, communication plans, development of training materials, and general change management coordination.
- Support business partner and vendors in troubleshooting application support issues during system rollout and post production as needed.
- Support business partner and vendors in troubleshooting production application support issues beyond that of standard level 1 or 2 support as needed.
IT Strategy and Organization
- Participates in building a culture that is team-oriented and committed to client service, continuous improvement, and professional excellence.
- Enable a collaborative IT team environment and contribute to the overall operational development of the IT organization.
- Support the collaborative development of IT SOPs, Guidance, Templates, and Processes with a strong emphasis on those supporting IT Project Delivery and support.
- Support the development of business technology roadmaps and ensure technology selections align to roadmaps.
Education and Certifications
- Qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or a related field.
- Eight (8) years of professional experience in an information technology service function or business process consultant role
- Three (3) years of experience in a management or leadership role within an IT service function
- Five (5) years of professional experience in an information technology service function or business process consultant role
- One year of experience in a leadership role within an IT service function
- Prior experience serving as a consultant to an R&D organization with a proven track record providing business process management and technical direction. This includes leading business process reengineering initiatives and leading the selection and deployment of new technologies.
- Specific experience in supporting business teams such as discovery, research, clinical, clinical development, and other R&D functions
- Project/portfolio management experience in a team-oriented cross-organizational/functional environment
- Experience in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and/or medical device industry
- Change management experience whereas integrating key change management principals and tools with the implementation of new capabilities preparing the business for change. In addition, monitoring and driving the adoption of new business processes and support IT capabilities
- Must have extensive experience in both structured and agile SDLC methodologies as well as computer systems validation (CSV) processes
- Vendor management experience including; the selection, due diligence, contracting, and performance management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written.
- Presentation development and delivery skills. Ability to create presentations with logical and targeted messaging and communicate effectively to the audience.
- Critical Thinking and Analytical skills. Ability to analyze business problems, situations, and trends and effectively define solutions and resolve challenges.
- Financial management skills. Ability to develop and effectively manage budgets while allocating appropriate expenses to capital or operational categories.
- Ability to effectively lead teams and act as a team participant when needed.
- Relationship management skills. Ability to connect with business customer, understand business needs, build strong relationships, and drive change in the organization.
- Degree or background in a scientific discipline is desirable
- Advance degree in business management is desirable
- Formal project management certification (e.g. PMP) preferred
MacroGenics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com or call (301) 354-3566 and/or 711 for TTD/TTY service.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
We do not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies.