Requisition Number: CONTR01396
MacroGenics is a leader in the discovery and development of innovative medicines that utilize our next generation antibody-based technologies. Our team of 300+ dedicated individuals is advancing a pipeline of product candidates to treat patients with cancer as well as various autoimmune disorders and infectious diseases. Our products and platforms have attracted multiple partnerships with leading pharmaceutical companies around the globe.
The Company considers its employees to be its most valuable asset and we are committed to providing opportunities for individuals to learn and grow as a means to further their professional development. MacroGenics' corporate culture promotes an atmosphere of innovation, open communication and teamwork where employees can see firsthand how they contribute to the success of the organization.
Summary of Position:
The Recruiting Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Talent Acquisition team with recruiting efforts by building and maintaining a pipeline of candidates and supporting administrative duties. He/she will also assist with creating and maintaining other related initiatives such as employer branding, ensuring a positive candidate experience, college outreach, developing and reporting metrics, and staying abreast of recruitment best practices.
Responsibilities and Job Duties
- Collaborates with Talent Acquisition Specialists to understand talent needs for the assigned functional areas and source accordingly. Will also build candidate pipeline for recurring available positions
- Ensures that all open positions follow the appropriate requisition process, that position descriptions are complete and approved, and jobs are subsequently posted in the right locations in a timely manner
- Utilizes relevant technologies in digital, social media and job boards to source and recruit new and existing candidates. Develop sourcing strategies including participation in relevant job fairs and with colleges and universities. Builds and maintains an ongoing pipeline of qualified talent. Focuses on networking opportunities likely to be of considerable strategic or long-term value
- Coordinate the new hire documentation processes and ensure that all required paperwork is received and processed accordingly and in a timely manner. Support the employment background check processes including references, HireRight background checks, EVerify and other government websites when required for the position. Utilize critical thinking skills to identify concerns, if applicable, and raise with Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist.
- Manage current candidate activity in the COMPASS applicant tracking system (ATS) and use other systems as relevant (e.g., onboarding, benefits enrollment, I-9 verification)
- Identifies ways to improve operational efficiency and bring recommendations for modifications or vendor changes to the team
- Ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations
Education & Credentials
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent years of education and experience.
- A minimum of one year of experience sourcing and interviewing candidates and making recommendations for next steps, if appropriate in a scientific, technology, healthcare or related industry. Internship experience accepted
- Experience sourcing for entry to mid-level positions
- Prior related administrative experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possesses a positive and professional demeanor
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Solid active sourcing skills
- Experience using various interview formats (e.g. telephone, Zoom, structured, group)
- Knowledge of federal and state laws regarding employment practices and experience with related compliance (e.g., ERISA and EEO reporting)
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Capable of prioritizing and planning work for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn
- Effective writing and grammar skills
- Experience with UltiPro Applicant Tracking System
- Sourcing experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry (including CROs, CMOs etc.)
MacroGenics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301) 354-3566 and/or 711 for TTD/TTY service.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
We do not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies.