The Healthcare Accountant supports the Accounting month end close process through preparation of journal entries, account reconcilitations, and other Accounting reports. This position contributes substantially to the accuracy, timeliness and integrity of the financial statements and reports.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares and posts monthly standard and adjusting journal entries. Prepares journal entries to record financial transactions to the general ledger such as, cash transaction accruals, prepaid amortization, service contract accruals, allocations and intercompany activities.
- Review assigned general ledger accounts for propriety and reasonableness, investigate questionable transactions, form reasonable conclusions, make recommendations to supervisor and prepare correcting journal entries as appropriate. Prepares monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. Identifies, researches, and corrects account discrepancies.
- Examines a variety of financial statements and documents for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with accounting requirements. Performs moderately complex analyses and make recommendations to management regarding appropriateness of retail reserves and accruals.
- Interfaces and coordinates with various departments within the Company (i.e. Retail Revenue Services, Wholesale Billing & Collections, Accounts Payable, and Asset Management). Works closely with the Treasury Manager on preparing and recording bank transactions. Also responsible for the coordination with Original Equipment Manufacturers related to service contract administration.
- Responsible for the maintenance of existing joint venture financial statements and creation of new joint venture statements.
- Assists in annual financial audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- 2-4 years of related experience and/or training required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel – including ability to develop analyses using Pivot Tables, V-Lookups and other Excel tools required.
- Accounting ERP experience highly preferred