Would you like to work in a fast paced, exciting, cutting edge environment where your work is appreciated and vital to the company mission? Reporting directly to the Controller, you will get lots of exposure to Executive leadership. Other benefits include, amazing pay, benefits and work life balance. Work from home 100% in the near term and 2 -3 days per week in the future.
Growing, top 5 health care company seeking to add a Fixed Asset Accountant to their team on a Contract to hire basis. The ideal candidate has 3-7 years of experience in corporate accounting.
- BA in Accounting or Finance plus minimum
- Minimum of 3 years of direct relevant experience.
- Set up fixed asset accounts in the general ledger system.
- Experience with $50-100 Million in fixed assets
- Understand the process of depreciation over 3-30 years
- Will train in the new ASC 842 migration lease module to advance your career.
- Reviews general ledger accounts and prepares and adjusts journal entries.
- Performs account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and inter-company general ledger accounts.
- Maintains the general ledger chart of accounts.
- Assists with initial internal control evaluations.
- Posts monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals.
- 3 years demonstrated experience as a Staff Accountant performing detailed accounting functions including fixed assets, journal entries, account reconciliations, preparation of supporting schedules, and financial statements.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, internal controls, and accounting procedures.
- Excellent spreadsheet (Excel) word processing (Word) skills and general database (Access) skills Intermediate to Expert Level Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Able to identify potential problems with minimum supervision and develop and present solutions to team members and management.
- Flexibility to perform a variety of detailed accounting functions and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and determine if the data is adequate to meet financial reporting requirements for GAAP