The FINRA Market Regulation analytics is responsible for supporting surveillance of Equities, Options and Fixed Income markets. The applications and analytics helps user to explore, visualize and research billions of market events received every day in support of FINRA's regulatory mission to protect investor and promote market integrity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct and manage a portfolio of scalable analytics query tools to support exploration while maintaining a holistic view of the platform
- Actively contribute to thought leadership of analytics team to propel the team towards a strong analytics platform
- Develop relationships and work with business and technical leads, architects, and product owners to ensure the team's work is aligned with organizational business goals and enterprise-level architectural standards, and that the solution delivered is of the highest quality
- Partner effectively with leaders across the organization, and communicate with people up and down the org chart in both business and technology
- Build high performance teams that are self-sufficient and self-organized
- Develop and drive collaboration across teams and organizational boundaries (e.g.: communities, forums)
- Work directly with outside vendors to negotiate services and product agreements
- Lead, participate in, and influence cross-team and cross-product initiatives
- Use advanced engineering techniques for building query platforms designed to meet large customer needs
- Take a comprehensive view of existing and new technology stacks to articulate and recommend suggestions for advanced solutions
- Support evaluation of new technologies, techniques, and tools by performing proofs of concept and recommending technology solutions based on use cases.
- Use cutting-edge technologies (e.g. machine learning) to promote new ways of solving problems
- Serve as an expert technical resource for enterprise architecture, solution architecture, and software development
- Provide leadership to the team to include hiring, coaching and mentoring of varied levels of software engineers
- Consistently deliver solutions on a regular schedule, provide clear and timely communication regarding upcoming changes, and coordinate with integrated teams to ensure application reliability
- Ship great products!
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or other related discipline. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams
- Strong technical background/subject matter expertise - experience as technical lead or architect on a software team
- Proven track record developing platform solutions and running shared services
- Excellent communication skills to be able to communicate effectively with staff, other products teams, senior management, and customers
- Ability to develop strategies and solutions of high business value while becoming a trusted partner of business users and executives
- Strong and creative analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing staff comprised of both employees and contractors.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, organizational change management, resource allocation, and leadership.
- Ability to evaluate complex project risks and issues accurately and objectively
- Significant experience in implementing design patterns and ability to adapt to changing patterns quickly
- Strategic thinker who can look ahead to long term impacts of decisions
- Motivational leader with passionate and enthusiastic personality
- Excellent interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Promote team empowerment, ensure that team members are fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace
- One or more SQL query engine
- AWS cloud and Big Data technology
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments
- Experience with implementing process improvements to raise the bar of software quality and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to manage several initiatives simultaneously and balance competing priorities
- 5+ years managing software development and/or services
To be considered for this position, please submit an application.
The information provided above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work of the position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required.
Please note: If the “Apply Now“ button on a job board posting does not take you directly to the FINRA Careers site, enter www.finra.org/careers into your browser to reach our site directly.
FINRA strives to make our career site accessible to all users. If you need a disability-related accommodation for completing the application process, please contact FINRA's accommodation help line at 240.386.4865. Please note that this number is exclusively for inquiries regarding application accommodations.
In addition to a competitive salary, comprehensive health and welfare benefits, and incentive compensation, FINRA offers immediate participation and vesting in a 401(k) plan with company match. You will also be eligible for participation in an additional FINRA-funded retirement contribution, our tuition reimbursement program and many other benefits. If you would like to contribute to our important mission and work collegially in a professional organization that values intelligence, integrity and initiative, consider a career with FINRA.
FINRA's Code of Conduct imposes restrictions on employees' investments and requires financial disclosures that are uniquely related to our role as a securities regulator. FINRA employees are required to disclose to FINRA all brokerage accounts that they maintain, and those in which they control trading or have a financial interest (including any trust account of which they are a trustee or beneficiary and all accounts of a spouse, domestic partner or minor child who lives with the employee) and to authorize their broker-dealers to provide FINRA with duplicate statements for all of those accounts. All of those accounts are subject to the Code's investment and securities account restrictions, and new employees must comply with those investment restrictions—including disposing of any security issued by a company on FINRA's Prohibited Company List or obtaining a written waiver from their Executive Vice President—by the date they begin employment with FINRA. Employees may only maintain securities accounts that must be disclosed to FINRA at one or more securities firms that provide an electronic feed (e-feed) of data to FINRA, and must move securities accounts from other securities firms to a firm that provides an e-feed within three months of beginning employment.
You can read more about these restrictions here.
As standard practice, employees must also execute FINRA's Employee Confidentiality and Invention Assignment Agreement without qualification or modification and comply with the company's policy on nepotism.
Search Firm Representatives
Please be advised that FINRA is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, a valid written agreement and task order must be in place before any resumes are submitted to FINRA. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at FINRA without a valid written agreement and task order in place will be deemed the sole property of FINRA and no fee will be paid in the event that person is hired by FINRA.
FINRA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal state or local laws as appropriate, or upon the protected status of the person's relatives, friends or associates.
FINRA abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
FINRA abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
©2020 FINRA. All rights reserved. FINRA is a registered trademark of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.