Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent – we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks – open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future—one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What’s in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
Do you thrive in a leadership position? Sterling National Bank is seeking a candidate to manage business development in a group of two to three Financial Centers. As the Managing Director responsible for business development, you will partner with a Managing Director responsible for consumer relationship development and co-lead the group of Financial Centers. You will be responsible to co-lead the financial centers to drive the growth and profitability of each location. You will place an extensive focus on relationship management, driving business development activities, new client acquisition, client retention and client expansion. You will partner with a consumer Managing Director to manage and direct all functions/activities to promote the expansion of existing banking relationships and the development of new business, focusing on targeted consumer and business banking segment opportunities. As a single point of contact, the Managing Director provides financial services to these targeted client segments by leading and motivating colleagues to achieve sales objectives through the use of defined sales skills and behaviors. Additionally, you will prospect, develop, and work our Centers of Influence to build targeted consumer and business banking opportunities that align with bank strategy.
- Develop business client revenue growth through generation of business deposits and other revenue generating products and services that meet the needs of existing and prospective business clients. Have a strong proficiency in credit and cash management solutions. Partner with the Consumer MD to meet overall financial center objectives.
- Adhere to prescribed sales processes and activities outlined in the Business Banking playbook to develop client relationships to meet all of their financial needs. Coach bankers to skillfully listen to client needs and identify business banking growth opportunities. Develop and maintain client relationships by proactively identifying their needs through a “business needs review”, ensuring proper financial advice is dispensed for both short and long term objectives; generate revenues from these relationships; Engage in active book of business outreach and pipeline management; engage business partners as needed to bring the best solution to the client. Ensure colleague professional development is provided and develop succession plan. Mentor, guide and develop colleagues.
- Ensure Financial Center is operationally sound and reporting requirements are met; adhere to established service level agreements with various departments.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Other accountabilities as assigned
Who We Want
- For this position, a minimum of 1-4 years of experience in a sales capacity, including a demonstrated ability to coach a successful sales team is preferred.
- A proven track record of developing and coaching high performance sales and service teams is preferred.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration may be required upon hire
- Entrepreneurial business management orientation, sales planning, strong team building skills
- Strong probing, communication, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to effectively uncover and resolve complex client and employee issues
- Strong knowledge of small business, branch profitability and banking products; possess a general understanding of operations (audit, compliance, fraud, loss, risk).
- Knowledge of banking regulations, lending policies, procedures and techniques.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
**All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.**
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.