Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 12,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Human Resources Manager leads the Human Resources Team in delivering services, policies and programs for the site. Designs, implements and monitors a variety of human resource programs. Anticipates and plans for long-term human resource needs and trends in partnership with business management. Ensures programs are aligned with legal requirements and Meggitt's strategic goals.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Guides and manages the Human Resources Team in delivering services, policies, and programs
- LOA administration
- Production staffing and onboarding
- Non-production and professional staffing and onboarding
- Plant communications
- Worker Comp, HRIS administration, benefits administration
- Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs, identifying opportunities for improvement and making recommendations
- Oversees community relations and plant communications
- Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce
- Manages staff selections, performance reviews, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities reach the business goals and expectations
- Works with business and company leadership, within company guidelines, to resolve complex employee relations issues for professional staff and to conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years' Experience: 7 - 10 years of HR experience
Certifications: SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or SPHR certification a plus
- Knowledge and experience in managing human resource programs, processes, administrative procedures and compliance with government laws/regulations
- Experience working with contract language for a unionized population
- Ability to anticipate internal or external business challenges/regulatory issues and make recommendations
- Effective interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information/situations and documentation
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
- Ability to Identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proficient in MS Office, ADP payroll system knowledge, Kronos Timekeeping, ERP systems; Success Factors a plus
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.