Chief Executive Merchant in Training (Store Manager)
At Floor & Decor we are always seeking top talent to join our organization as a Store Manager in Training/Chief Executive Merchant in Training (CEMIT). These are key leadership roles for our big box retail stores. Joining the organization as a CEMIT requires flexibility to relocate to cities where we have stores in need of Store Managers/Chief Executive Merchants (CEMs). CEMITs join the organization preparing to take on the role of Store Manager/CEM as quickly as needed, usually within 12 15 weeks. Store Managers/CEMs own the box, run the box and get to create the playbook that drives business success. The Store Manager/CEM serves as the leader of a specialty big box retail store that sells hard surface flooring and related accessories. The Store Manager/CEM is responsible for developing and leading a high-performing team to drive retail sales and achieve competitive results in a highly complex store. The Store Manager/CEM is responsible for providing strong leadership to the store team and executing solid sales generation and operational strategies while ensuring customer satisfaction, maximum productivity and profitability, proper inventory control and compliance with company procedures.
- Oversee retail store operations and store management teams to ensure sales goals are met and exceeded.
- Create and maintain successful partnerships with store, regional and Store Support Center associates.
- Use our CARE model to help associates create an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and efficient for customers.
- Recruit, interview and select management team and sales associates to ensure store is properly staffed with maximum scheduling coverage, especially during peak traffic periods.
- Train and develop a high-performing management team and ensure high quality supervision, training and development of sales associates. Create practices to decrease associate turnover.
- Communicate performance standards and hold team members accountable for achieving standards. Provide regular coaching, feedback and performance discussions with associates.
- Ensure brand standards, brand consistency, store presentation standards and operating standards are achieved/exceeded and maintained.
- Ensure compliance of payroll and business planning processes. Monitor, maintain and follow company policies; support company expectations and systems.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- 3 - 5 years of management experience leading a big box retail store required.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and a creative merchant first mindset.
- Proven ability to lead a large team and direct operations at all levels in a high volume, highly complex store.
- Strong background and substantial experience in merchandising, sales generation, operations, inventory control, budget management and managing profit and loss (P&L).
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, selecting, hiring, onboarding, developing and coaching a high performing retail sales and operations team.
- Excellent communication, analytical, planning, organization, time management, follow up and delegation skills.
- Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change with a sense of urgency. Must work well under pressure.
- Must be available to work retail hours as necessary and open and/or close the store in an effective manner. Regular attendance and a full-time commitment are essential functions of the job.
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS, ENVIRONMENT)
- Occasional travel may be required including air and car travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate to noisy.
Physical Work Ability exert 30 60 pounds of force occasionally, and or 20-30 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
NOTE: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.
Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Benefits & Rewards
- Bonus opportunities at every level
- Career advancement opportunities
- Relocation opportunities across the country
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Discount Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.