To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer
Experience and Stewardship by providing information services that consistently
exceed our customers’ expectations and support the corporate objectives of
Health First, Inc. The Information Security IAM Engineer will build
integrations and workflows, document processes, support customers, troubleshoot
issues, maintain software solutions, and ensure that every Health First
associate has the correct privileges, and no more, necessary to fulfill their
role in the IDN.
- High integrity and compatibility with HealthFirst I-CARE Values (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, andExcellence)
- Elicits trust from peers by demonstrating responsibilityand dependability
- Exhibits a positive attitude in all duties
- Contributes to a collaborative culture andpositive work environment
- Is a high caliber team player
- Actively participates in effective planning anddecision making that positively affects departmental results and contributes towardsthe success of Health First
- Innovative by displaying original thinking and creativity
- Strong understanding of customer serviceoperations
- Always demonstrates a “service-first” philosophyQuality/No Harm:
- Maintains a high level of security as itpertains to system access, computer usage, remote access and physical securityin assigned areas of responsibility, abiding by established Health FirstInformation Security policies and applicable HR policies and procedures.
- Assists with investigations and tests ofcomplex security software systems in public telecommunications networks toenhance performance or investigate and resolve matters of significance.Responsible for periodic penetration and vulnerability tests against definedset of protocols.
- Adheres to Health First change management andproject management guidelines and policies.
- Providesubject matter expertise in the following identity & access management relatedservices: User Lifecycle Management, Provisioning & Reconciliation, UserActivity Monitoring, Reporting & Auditing, Role Engineering, Authentication& Authorization, Directory Services, Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Design and maintain identity workflows andintegrations between key systems, including PeopleSoft, Active Directory,Microsoft O365, and other clinical and/or business applications.
- Support the IAM Capability to a variety oftechnologies such as multi-tiered applications, databases, LDAP and directoryservices, application servers, network infrastructure, and understanding ofsecurity and dataflow within these components
- Work with business to create and maintain role-basedaccess controls for user accounts
- Provides 3rd-tier support for key identitymanagement systems.
- Proactively improve the processes/tools aroundprovisioning and de-provisioning users across the organization by providingautomation/orchestration and promoting self-service where possible.Stewardship:
- Works on issues related (but not limited) to IAMand Information Security.
- Troubleshoots and maintains, according todesign, the operating system/application software system for cost-effective andefficient operation.
- Participation in IT Initiatives and PMO-led Projectsand performs additional duties as required.
- Provides “on-call” support per rotating teamschedule.Customer Experience:
- Develop strong partnerships with other IT teams,vendors, and other resources within Health First.
- Ability to translate customer concerns andtechnical solutions in system/application issues in an understandable manner.
- Effectively communicate, both verbally and inwriting, with technical and non-technical associates.
- Provides customer support within the priorityand case closure standards as agreed to in the departmental Service LevelAgreement documentation.
- BS in Computer Science or a field related to theprimary area of responsibility and 3 years relevant industry experience ininformation technology, or the equivalent combination of education, technicaltraining or work/military experience.
- Understands key concepts: Identity & AccessManagement, Authentication & Authorization, Directory Services,Multi-Factor Authentication, Role Based Access Control (RBAC), and IdentityGovernance
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent communication and organizationalskills.
- Ability to work in a team environment andinteract favorably with people a must.Desired TechnicalSkillset:
- Directory Services:Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, NetIQeDirectory
- Applications: NetIQIdentity Manager, NetIQ Access Manager, Duo MFA, CyberArk
- Database: MicrosoftSQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Tools: Cloud& SaaS solutions, LDAP, SAML, OAuth, REST/SOAP, Java/J2EE
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Ability to work extended hours as projectdemandsMental Demands:
- Willingness to learn constantly in anever-changing industry
- Ability to maintain composure in a stressful anddynamic work environment
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Ability to troubleshoot advanced system issues
- Perform complex or varied tasks
- Relate well to others
- Comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to handle multiple projectssimultaneously