Position Title: Project Director
Division: Federal Programs
Department: TRiO Upward Bound
Employee Status: Full-time
Group: Professional Staff Association (PSA)
FLSA: Exempt (salaried)
ICCB Classification: Supervisory Staff
Issued: August 2017
Updated: 06/17, 05/19
To save time applying, Rock Valley College does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas for this position at this time.
Reports to: Direction is received from the Director of TRiO Programs.
Supervision Exercised: Supervision may be exercised over Program Assistants, Program Coordinators, and Tutor Mentors.
Responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the Upward Bound program (Auburn and East High Schools). Counsel Upward Bound participants as they enter the program and on an on-going basis. Coordinate and develop assigned academic services, records, reports, and program development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Additional related duties may be assigned.
- Complete Upward Bound program administrative paperwork.
- Oversee and maintain accurate records of student results, program outcomes, and performance standards within the Upward Bound program.
- Student counsel 60 Upward Bound students, including the development of participant Individual Achievement Plans (IAPs).
- Manage high school sites and supervise Lead Teachers and Tutor Mentors.
- Supervise the Program Assistant.
- Administer and maintain testing instruments and academic progress of students.
- Develop and coordinate participant recruitment, selection, and orientation.
- Provide career, financial, and college selection counseling.
- Provide referrals and resources for participants that have personal issues or needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with school officials, community agencies, and participants' parents/guardians.
- Coordinate weekly academic and pre-collegiate instructional activities at high school sites.
- Coordinate academic programming for academic year and summer components.
- Develop programming to address the personal and social development of participants.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise evening, weekend, overnight, and summer activities.
- Attend and participate in job related training, workshops, and conferences.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, and training of Lead Teachers and Tutor Mentors.
- Regular attendance is expected.
- Use tact and courtesy to establish and maintain professional working relationships.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master's Degree, Doctorate preferred, in Counseling, Education, Administration, or related area.
- Ability to relate to individuals from diverse backgrounds and be sensitive to the needs of the educationally disadvantaged.
- Experience in group and individual educational settings with students and their parents preferred.
- Experience working with low-income disadvantaged students, TRiO programs, and/or in a social service, educational, preventative setting strongly preferred.
- Experience in the development and implementation of pre-collegiate curricula preferred.
- Must have three years TRIO or related experience.
- Experience in planning, coordinating and executing project activities
- Experience in monitoring program compliance of federal grants
- Experience in monitoring project budgets
- Experience in a supervisory role.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
The chosen candidate for this position will be offered an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, and group life along with AD&D insurance. In addition, optional flexible spending accounts, LTD, supplemental life insurance and AD&D for you and your dependents. State Universities Retirement System (SURS) pension in place of Social Security and optional retirement savings programs. Complimentary use of the Fitness Center for employee and spouse or domestic partner, Educational Assistance, and Tuition Waivers for employee and dependents, paid holidays, up to 20 days of vacation per year, 12 days paid sick leave each year, three personal days each year, which can accumulate up to 9 days. The College has an onsite clinic - RVCare.