About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
This position is responsible for assisting in the maintenance and upkeep of the facility. The Maintenance Technician assists the Maintenance Manager in routine and preventative maintenance of all equipment within the facility, as well as general cleaning and upkeep of the facility itself. The ideal candidate is well-rounded, with some exposure to electrical, plumbing, and HVAC as well as general facility maintenance. You are also a team player – driven by pride in your work and smiles on your coworker’s faces.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner, following Company work rules and policies
- Perform minor building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and painting repairs, troubleshooting & preventative maintenance as necessary
- Assist in construction, preventative, routine, and breakdown maintenance and repairs on all equipment in the facility
- Perform routine filter cleaning and replacement activities on HVAC units and other equipment throughout the facility
- Maintain inventory of repair equipment and supplies
- Complete work orders as assigned
- Will develop a high level of knowledge concerning equipment in the facility
- Will develop & maintain knowledge of the facilities plumbing, electrical, irrigation, HVAC and security systems
- Ensure compliance with all company policies & required training (Safety, Quality, Regulations, etc)
- Responsible for unloading freight deliveries when needed
- Perform other maintenance duties as requested
- Help create a positive environment by having a positive attitude and by being self-motivated.
- Research, evaluate and adapt to new methods, in order to meet or exceed goals, and or modify their technique/procedures based on all applicable laws
- Employee must exhibit personal hygiene and follow the health guidelines set forth by GTI and the state of Illinois while processing patient medicine.
- High School Education or GED required; some college or college graduate preferred
- 2+ years experience in maintenance or similar position preferred
- Basic knowledge of HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical and general construction/carpentry
- Highly knowledgeable with hand and power tools
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must work well with others and be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique.
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, climbing, reaching, squatting, kneeling, crawling, seeing and repetitive motions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to work on feet. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so safely with extreme care and caution.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.