Summary: Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality control and quality assurance of industrial processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (but not limited to). Other duties may be assigned.
· Plans and conducts quality analysis, design of experiments, and products tests to assure the quality of TMA products.
· Develops, initiates, and maintains control plans, methods and procedures for evaluating quality and reliability to assure products meet customer needs and design requirements.
· Designs and develops methods, processes and procedures for recording and reporting of data results, and reports on those results.
· Establishes programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of measurement and analytical equipment.
· Conducts quality reviews and audits for compliance with stated requirements from design documentation, both internal to TMA and with purchased product.
· Applies statistical quality control methods in analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
· Conducts preventive and corrective problem solving analysis, plans and implements methods to prevent recurrence.
· Supports SQE and SMS in production part approval process for purchased products or components and provides input to the decision to accept the product and future purchases from the supplier.
· Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
· Communicate with customers and suppliers to resolve quality issues.
· Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality activities. Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
· Supervisory responsibility includes management of employee performance, discipline, development, lead activities of assigned team members
· Leads the training and performance during on-boarding of direct reports as well as coaches and mentors direct reports to maximize their success.
· Analysis of warranty to determine top issues and leads cross-functional teams to identify and implement resolutions.
· Perform component inspections and prepare report results to support supplier component non-conformances, PPAP, Critical Parts and special investigations.
· Organizes, plans and prepares customer PPAP documentation.
· Support and maintain the manufacturing facility’s 5S policy
· Support safety by participating in the company’s safety program
Directly supervises 2 - 3 Quality Inspectors in the Quality department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university; Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred; plus two to three years related experience and/or training; ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt Training and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
GD&T, Metrology, mechanical drawings, and others as may be needed/required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Inventory software; Project Management software and Manufacturing software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.