Breakout - Rock Hill, SC
Job ID: 140023
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are seeking a full-time Glass Breakout Worker in the Cutting Department at our Rock Hill, SC facility. This position requires that material including glass and metal be moved from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the product throughout the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- On/off-loading of the glass and other related product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours, daily
- Attaching appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
- Able to work a flexible starting schedule and/or overtime
- Maintaining a safe and clean work area
- The "team concept" instituted for plant facility production workers requires each worker to perform different functions on a rotating basis, therefore, all shop functions required by supervisors are considered essential functions of the job
- All other duties as assigned
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- Perform work as assigned by supervisor
- Read, understand, and communicate paperwork work and labels
- Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively use a tape measure
- All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
- While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to wear the required safety equipment which includes safety boots with metatarsal guards and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk, climb, bend, and crouch in a factory environment
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. throughout a shift
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.