Job ID REQ_108022 FACILITY Rochester General Hospital LOCATION Rochester, New York
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you're the engine and the heart of patient care at Rochester Regional Health. You make a positive difference every single day in the lives of our patients, their family members and visitors – going above and beyond to meet their needs with courtesy, kindness, respect and compassion.
The Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) at Rochester General Hospital is a 12 bed critical care unit caring for high acuity patients with life-threatening surgical illness or injury. Patients are admitted from a number of services including general surgery, thoracic, vascular, orthopedic, neuro, stroke, gynocology, and obstetrics. The SICU mission is to provide the highest quality care to our patients and their families. The SICU staff work as a “close family unit“ to support each other and maintain a positive working environment.
- 1:2 or 1:1 Nurse Patient Ratios
- This Unit earned the GOLD-Level Beacon Award for Excellence presented by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN). The Beacon Award for Excellence recognizes hospital units that utilize measurable practices to improve patient and family outcomes and experience. It is the only Unit in the Health System to earn GOLD status.
- Extensive & thorough training/orientation program with on-going weekly touch points
- Focus on personal growth - Nurses will gain deep clinical skills & will be well prepared for advancement opportunities.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)
SCHEDULE: Day/Evening/Night, Every Other Weekend/Holiday
- Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing required; Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Registered Nurse license in New York State.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- 1+ years of RN experience preferred.
- Up to $5,000 Sign On Bonus based on years of experience.
- Competitive hourly rates & benefits which begin on date of hire.
- Generous retirement benefits including a pension plan
- Clinical Ladder Program provides additional compensation for strong clinical and professional skills
- Leadership & advancement opportunities
- Competitive differential rates
- Tuition assistance
EDUCATION AS: Nursing (Required)
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA); RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran