Founded in 2002, VMD is an award-winning provider of Agile Software Engineering, Digital Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Mission Advisory, and Transportation Security Services to numerous U.S. Federal Government clients including projects across both DoD and Civilian agencies. We specialize in high-level, tip of the spear engagements with a significant impact on mission success for our clients.
Why Join VMD Corp?
VMD fosters a culture that is founded on Eight Core Values and you can watch what our Core Values mean to our Vision Mission Driven employees.
VMD Employees envision the future. We hold ourselves accountable and hold each other to equally high standards. Our people recognize and reward greatness and are humble in doing so. VMD Employees understand big accomplishments take a team. Our people learn from both our mistakes and successes; we pursue improvement relentlessly, objectively and without bias. We share our thoughts and ideas with purpose and transparency. We commit to the mission, the customer and to each other. We love being nimble and producing results.
Our team is one of the best in the business.
About the Mission You Will Join:
Supporting airport security operations in effort to protect the nation's transportation systems and ensure the safety and security of all individuals within our borders.
Your Impact to the Mission:
In this Mission Support opportunity, you will provide administrative support for the Project Manager (s) and executive staff. You will do this by performing administrative tasks including scheduling meetings, preparing executive staff minutes, drafting applicable correspondence and filing. In this Mission Support role you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and assist with staff travel requests.
- Posting and distributing client and organizational updates and notifications to all staff.
- Daily collection of all paperwork, lost and found, money, used recyclable products and deliver supplies on as needed basis.
- Tracking all Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) including Keys, radios, headsets, etc.
- Coordinating maintenance repairs of equipment.
- Acting as VAP Administrative Coordinator responsible for Property / Lost & Found Database including tracking of lost and found items; responding to return calls / emails about lost and found items in question; coordinating shipment of items back to passengers / headquarters; and completing end of the month donations / destructions.
- Acting as Customer Service Liaison for passenger claims including updating pre-claims database, responding to passenger claims, assisting with investigations, and coordinating resolution of claims.
- Reconciling expenditures for parking bills and adjust for new hires / terminating employees.
- Completing purchasing requests, track orders and resolve any vendor issues, and maintain supplies.
- Recording all travel or reimbursement for employee travel expenses accrued due to travel or payment and ensure all forms / receipts are sent to headquarters for payment.
- Maintaining master employee information and seniority rosters.
- Assisting with on-site coordination of drug / alcohol screening testing.
- May assist the Facilities Security Officer with E-Qip applications including following up with candidates for required forms and scheduling appointment reviews and fingerprinting.
- Assisting the Human Capital with the distribution of any employee materials or required forms.
- Coordinating communication between management and Corporate Human Capital regarding leave tracking, counseling and other required documentation.
- Maintaining the employee SharePoint site including posting and deleting any documents as instructed by management.
Experience Needed to Be Successful:
- Human Resource experience.
- Ability to provide advanced administrative and business support to the management team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook (E-mail Word Excel and PowerPoint) at the intermediate to expert level. Able to generate reports statistics timelines tables and correspondence.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365
- Ability to gather compile review and analyze data.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to use sound judgement in resolving issues knowing when to escalate and making recommendations.
- Ability to problem-solve moderately complex issues.
- Ability to multitask and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Education Requirement: High School
Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree? Yes
Minimum Years of Overall Experience: 2
Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field: 2
Minimum Clearance to Start: Public Trust
Work Status Allowable: US Citizenship
The Type of Person That Will Excel:
- You are curious, inquisitive, and have demonstrated a constant eagerness to learn through actions.
- You have high attention to detail.
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in all actions.
Travel and Telecommuting:
Travel: Little (less than 10%)
Telecommute Options: None
VMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. VMD maintains a drug-free workplace.