About Sydor Optics, Inc.
Sydor Optics, Inc. is a Rochester based manufacturing company fabricating flat-surfaced, precision optics for over 50 years. Our manufacturing facility is located in Chili, NY just west of the Rochester International Airport. Please view our company video for more information about Sydor Optics at www.sydor.com.
We offer an excellent benefits package including Dental, Vision 100% Company-Paid Medical Premiums, Life, STD, LTD, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with Employer Match and Paid Birthday Off.
Sydor Optics is seeking an individual to fill a Machine Maintenance Team Lead position.
Sydor Optics is looking for a Machine Maintenance Team Leader to be responsible for safety, quality control, cost, delivery and continuous improvement initiatives within the Maintenance Department. This position provides maintenance support to all areas of operation and will be responsible for the supervision of maintenance team members.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage HVAC, landscaping, plowing and security vendors
- Facility management and cleanliness
- Oversee PM schedules for machinery and facility
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Oversee day-to-day operations in Maintenance area
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Motivate team members
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Listen to team members' feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking
- Suggest and organize team building activities
- Operate machines and equipment as needed
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required with a two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field
- 3-5 years of proven industrial maintenance experience
- 1-3 years of previous supervisory experience or demonstrated team leadership capabilities.
- Must have prior experience in a manufacturing environment
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated communication and listening skills and ability
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively and efficiently
- Ability to lead by example and also involve others in the decision-making process (team player)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible by adjusting priorities
Sydor Optics, Inc. is EOE/M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected status.