If you are an experienced Maintenance Technician, then we want to talk to you about our immediate opportunities. Now is the time to take your career to the next level!
We are currently looking for a Lead Technician
We're Proud to Offer You:
This is a 2nd shift position.
- Top Hourly Wages based on experience and qualifications ($25.15-$27.15/hr)
• ASE Certifications earn you bonus money!
- A clean and positive work environment!
- Consistent year-round work
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Opportunities for Advancement Nationwide! - Advance your career as Maintenance Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Student, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
- Ongoing training - learn and work on gas, diesel, & alternative fuel vehicles
As a First Transit Lead Mechanic, You'll Be Responsible For:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Transit Standards of Excellence
- Scheduling and administering fleet maintenance
- Troubleshooting problems with equipment.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Supervising maintenance operations. Planning and distributing the work and monitoring performance.
- Ensuring compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements.
- Working closely with location manager, providing status of maintenance and budget requirements.
- Identifying actions to improve operating efficiency.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
You'll Need To Have:
- Previous gasoline or diesel vehicle maintenance & repair experience
- CDL Class B (no passenger endorsement necessary) or able to obtain one within 6 months of hire date.
- Experience with the following vehicle systems; diesel engines, air brakes, transit bus HVAC, steering and suspension, and drive train
- Able to perform a proper PM service
- Able to read wiring diagrams, service manuals and interpret them for troubleshooting purposes
- Able to properly use a DMM
- Able to use OEM software programs to troubleshoot various vehicle systems
- Technical school training is a plus!
- Valid driver's license
- Appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Pre-employment background check and drug screen required
- Must be able to obtain ASE Transit Bus H2-H8 or able to obtain H4, H7, H8 in within 1 yearwhile employed.
So, Who Are We?
We are First Transit (A Division of FirstGroup America) – a leading transportation provider. We move more than 350 million passengers annually and employ 19,500 dedicated transit professionals in over 300 locations worldwide. And we need great team members like you!
Don't Wait! Apply Today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status