The Lifetime Healthcare Companies aims to attract the best talent from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and experiential backgrounds, to diversify our workforce and best reflect the communities we serve.
The mission of our internship program is to foster an environment where diversity and inclusion are explicitly recognized as fundamental parts of our organizational culture. We believe that diversity of thought and background drives innovation which enables us to provide leading-edge healthcare insurance and services. With that mission in mind, our internships provide real business experience for promising students, from all communities, to diversify and strengthen our workforce
OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
Employees are united by our Lifetime Way Values & Behaviors that include compassion, pride, excellence, innovation and having fun! We aim to be an employer of choice by valuing workforce diversity, innovative thinking, employee development, and by offering competitive compensation and benefits.
The College Internship Program (Summer Session) is a 10-week internship experience that allows Undergraduate and Graduate Students the opportunity to attend development workshops, network, and be part of our company. Our interns work on meaningful projects, are mentored under their respective managers, and continue to develop throughout the entire summer. In addition, through the internship program, our interns can attend development workshops that are focused on key concepts within the divisional tracks of Information Technology, Finance, Actuary, Marketing & Sales, Analytics & Data, Clinical, Human Resources, Strategic Business Programs, etc.
Our college interns work on meaningful projects, are mentored under their respective managers, and continue to develop throughout the entire summer. In addition, through the internship program, our interns can attend development workshops that are focused on key concepts within the divisional tracks of Information Technology, Actuary, Analytics & Data, Clinical Studies, Web-based Customer Experience, Digital Operations, and other technical based degree programs.
- This is a paid 10-week summer internship from the first Monday in June to the second Friday in August (up to 40 hours per week).
- Development events are provided to help with the transition from school to the corporate environment.
- Housing is not provided as part of our program.
- Interns are responsible for their own parking costs (Rochester Region Only).
Through this internship position, you will need to review content websites, read Advance Care Planning Booklet and New York State's MOLST form; attend MOLST meetings, calls, and educational trainings, Video editing & updating, Data analysis and draft reporting for internal presentations, web editing and maintaining social media presence, monitoring video views & comments.
- Specific duties will vary with assignment
- Functions performed are non-technical in nature, not system or analytical based, and will cover a broad range of business-related projects
- May reside in either a technical or non-technical area
- Creation of an end of internship presentation is required
- Completion of an end of internship performance appraisal will be expected
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies' mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Our ideal candidate will have experience with WordPress editing, HTML, YouTube, video editing, social media experience, and experience with statistics is a plus.
Desired majors include: Biology, Health & Society, Policy Analysis & Management (Healthcare Concentration), Public/Community Health, Health Administration, English, or Communications
- Must be in good academic standing.
- High School diploma or Equivalency Certificate, along with proof of continuous college enrollment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with professional contacts throughout Health Plan.
- Experience using a desktop computer in a professional environment.
- Experience with Microsoft products, internet, email, and database software.
- Organization skills to deal with multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proactive approach to work, displaying creativity and flexibility in completing their assigned tasks.
- Commitment to continuous improvement of their own skill and team functioning.
- Must maintain confidential information to the highest degree.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as on intra- and inter- departmental teams where needed.
Ability to get to work location regularly and reliably.
- Ability to work at a computer for two or more hours at a time.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made as needed.
- Ability to use a phone and/or TTD as needed.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer