As an independent decision maker, this role directs the work related to the analysis, development and testing resources associated with Paychex eCommerce. The Product Owner is responsible for the definition of work in the Product backlog and for the prioritization of that work for their assigned team(s)—meaning they are responsible for determining when Services, products and application functionality is released into the market. The Product Owner collaborates with the Product Manager to help formulate strategies to maximize revenue/retention and minimize risk for the clients of their assigned products. The Product Owner maintains on-going relationships with their stakeholders and conducts research with clients in order to continuously make informed decisions.
- Defines agile project scope and is directly responsible for the management of the eCommerce product backlog (which drives the delivery of features) for their assigned teams. Evaluates, prioritizes, and sequences the product APR backlog based on business value and/or ROI.
- Represents eCommerce on project teams as the Product Owner/Decision Maker to assist in answering questions and to provide strategic direction to development and project teams. Provides teams with technical expertise in business requirements and market conditions/needs shaping the specific functionality included in each product release. The Product Owner role is generally assigned to products/projects with mid to high-level complexity/impact to the company.
- Works with and assists the Product Manager to translate high-level company vision and strategy into actionable product plans.Communicates and collaborates with internal and external customers to identify product improvements, analyze user needs, identify project scope, and document features/high level functional requirements. Works in conjunction with partners in development and program management to determine overall cost and return on investment.
- Facilitates discussions and conflict resolution across teams with multiple Product Owners and Stakeholders to ensure timelines are met.Navigates organizational boundaries to develop a vertically aligned product implementation thus ensuring that product vision, roadmap, marketing, sales strategy, operational readiness and product backlog are aligned.
- Conducts client, market, and competitive research using interviews, surveys, publications/document reviews, win/loss analysis, site visits, etc. to better understand and define client and business needs to improve our product offerings.
- Collaborates with Product Manager(s) regarding long-term product strategies and roadmaps. Identifies and researches new product opportunities to increase sales and revenue.
- Assists in maintaining on-going vendor relationships/contracts to provide for continuity of offerings and strategic alignment with vendors to deliver on the expectations of our common clients.
- Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the position's function.
- Experience in product management or business analysis
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, information technology or related field.
- Experience with Agile software development framework
- Experience with Oracle Commerce Cloud, Oracle EBS, Oracle Order Management is a plus
- Experience in eCommerce user design experience is a plus
- Certifications such as Lean Six Sigma, CSPO, PMI-PBA, CBAP or CCBA is a plus