Director of Wireless Architecture
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Frontier is searching for a Director of Wireless Architecture to lead its wireless access and transport teams. The Director of Wireless Architecture is responsible for leading a team of engineers and architects tasked with developing, testing, and deploying fixed wireless access and transport technology across Frontier’s footprint. This person will also be responsible for working with other teams and senior leadership to develop the technology roadmap for wireless access and transport.
- Manage a team of wireless architects and engineers working across several disciplines such as LTE/5G fixed and mobile technologies, mmWave transport, and LTE and 5G EPC technologies.
- Manage a team responsible for the acquisition of tower infrastructure and licensing as well as spectrum acquisition and planning.
- Manage vendor relationships and lead various teams through RFP/I activities
- Be active in various industry forums and working groups to advocate for Frontier and remain at the forefront of the technology
- Provide future road maps on wireless technologies aligning with Frontier Communications future plans on solutions
- Interact with Frontier Communications Legal Regulation team to obtain requirements to be met on solutions and programs that Frontier Communications is pursuing
- Interact with Senior Leadership and other teams to define and communicate a wireless strategy
- Create and/or provide input into financial models and budgets used in the deployment of wireless technology with possible P&L analysis
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in a technical or leadership role focused on wireless architectures
- Detailed understanding of 3GPP specifications and worldwide spectrum and telecommunications regulations
- Proven record of leading teams of senior engineers and architects in the development of wireless architectures
- Involvement in wireless industry forums and standards bodies (3GPP, IEEE, ITU, ETSI, CBRS Alliance, WiFi Alliance, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of wireless technology landscape including experience with GSM/EDGE, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, and 5G architectures.
- Experience with component level product development & design for RAN and CPE devices
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing and presentation skills
- MSCS/MSEE, PhD preferred