Accounts Payable Accountant
Under the management of the Corporate BU Assistant Controller, this position is responsible for the processing of invoices for BU reporting out of the Rochester location and cash payment disbursements for all NA entities. In addition, the position entails payables related account reconciliations and intercompany journal allocations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Process vendor invoices for Rochester location. Includes ensuring appropriate approvals have been obtained and the “three way match” has been performed. Also handle vendor inquires and resolve discrepancies as needed.
- Process cash disbursements on a timely basis for all NA entities.
- Prepare and post month end accrual journals entries for Rochester location.
- Review and Monthly Reconciliation of A/P and V/P for Rochester location. Includes identifying aged items requiring action to maintain current status with every vendor.
- Cash disbursement forecasting for Rochester location.
- Perform intercompany allocations and journals to distribute multisite costs.
- Provide documents as requested for various audits (internal, external, SOX).
- Manage annual 1099’s and maintain records as needed for sales tax filings.
- Payroll backup coverage for various BU locations.
- Experience working with windows-based ERP systems, preferably in the manufacturing environment.
- Syteline preferred, current version 8.03.11
- Proficient in MS Excel, including use of formulas and pivot tables
- Comfortable in a paperless environment; maintain multiple organized file folders
- Independent-minded, high-functioning individual with ability to self-train and troubleshoot
- Manage multiple tasks daily; high volume, multisite, fast paced environment
- Detail oriented, with exceptional organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Large quantity of emails including vendor invoices, p-card purchases, internal and external notices/requests via multiple inboxes
- Proactive approach to business and problem resolution with continuous improvement and process efficiency always in mind
- A team player with the ability to interact and effectively communicate with varied departments and senior management
- Familiar with GAAP and SOX standards of financial reporting and internal controls