High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
The Patient Service Representative supports the efficient operation of a physician office practice.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Answering a multi-line phone in a timely and courteous manner
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments
- Refers medically related calls to Office Nurse for triage according to established protocol.
- Greets patients when they arrive, signs them in and collects and enters necessary data into the computer including confirmation of insurance billing information and patient demographics.
- Set-up charts for new patients and pulls existing charts from the files for established patients.
Minimum requirements include: High school graduate or equivalent plus at least one year of relevant work experience, to include typing and computer use. Medical terminology and familiarity with standard medical office procedures is essential.