Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 170+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under general supervision, perform routine material handling equipment (MHE), repairs and preventative maintenance throughout the warehouse. Provide maintenance support as necessary to ensure operational objectives are met. Perform basic troubleshooting and repair of material handling equipment and other powered industrial equipment as assigned. Perform general refrigeration, dock door/leveler, plumbing, electrical, and building maintenance as needed.
- Performs preventative maintenance, repair and adjustment of material handling equipment.
- Inspects forklifts, pallet jacks, and other material handling equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational standards.
- Maintain batteries and chargers in working order in accordance with OSHA Standards.
- Performs routine maintenance on various types of warehouse equipment in accordance with OSHA Standards.
- Tests, maintains, and evaluates equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, and any other testing instruments.
- Maintains tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
- Conducts tests of safety equipment to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
- Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records within the CMMS system.
- Keeps work area 6S'd (clean, organized, etc.), and performs housekeeping duties as required.
- Performs other maintenance related work and job assignments as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2 years' employment maintenance relatable experience (i.e.: automotive mechanic, diesel mechanic, equipment rental mechanic, etc.) or relevant Technical School certification/vocational program.
- Required to successfully complete assigned technical training and/or mechanical-electrical courses.
- Required train in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification.
- Basic computer skills required (email, internet searches, basic data entry, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general MHE practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
- Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficient use of testing equipment.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts if required, including on call.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose down to the component level on all material handling equipment.
- Share knowledge, train and support the development of others.
- Must show proficiency in SAP PM (CMMS) with respect to their duties and responsibilities within 60 days.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –20 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation).
- Must be able to work at heights in excess of 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalks
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to use hand and power tools.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses. Contact lenses are prohibited when working with ammonia.
- Able to work nights and weekends.
- Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.